Project Valtezza

Guest Paddy1970

post-3135-0-80238300-1536792100_thumb.jpgpost-3135-0-74888500-1536791270_thumb.jpg

This is our take on front indicators --- supplied lamps mounted on ali angle to flat ali bar to wishbone front mount.

Allows height & spread to be as much as wheel turning will allow.

Florins rear is 72" because of the hub mounted mud guards & spacers.

As above ensure your indicators reach out to be inside the spacing allowed -- taking the rear as the widest point of the rectangle.

Also -- are you fitting wing mirrors? Interior mirror will probably fail if suction cup type & maybe on field of view.

The first picture was AFTER IVA when the arms were a little shorter ---oops

Second pic show the brackets as first fitted

Edited by florin metal works

Hi Paul, yes; too late by eight years!!! We cut down the width of the midget screen by several inches but retained the height. Had to re-roll the frame to make it take a flat screen which was from a L/R County. Our local windscreen company cut the glass to suit & retained the all important etched codes for the IVA test --- this shows it's an approved Laminated screen. The "T" bar rubber section supplied by Robin Hood fitted the screen base to scuttle gap very well.

post-3135-0-75354200-1536864437_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Paddy1970

You've done a great job with that, i've shortened mine by about 3" and already made the screen support brackets, luckily my frame passes by the screen legs in the right place so it wasn't too hard, i did drill and tap the holes out to M12 though, they didn't look strong enough for me and i have millions of Toyota threaded bolts.

• 7 months later...
Guest Paddy1970

Apologies for the lack of updates, i run a busy engine conversion garage and work in the last 6 months has been so hectic that the Hood had to take a back seat, i'm also building a new garage at home to bring it back home with me so that progress can be made at weekends etc as i'm finding there is just no time to work on it during my working week or in between customers cars.

Since the last update the V6 engine has been fully rebuilt and i will be picking the project back up soon.

• 1 month later...
Guest Paddy1970

Nothing to update with on the Valtezza but her new home is coming along very nicely, this will let me plough full steam ahead on the project this Autumn/Winter so updates should be more frequent.

TbjNJqY.jpg

rNyeru2.jpg

m7oAg8w.jpg

Guest Paddy1970

Now normally that would be the case, but this chap is well aware of expansion issues with wood, so i've prevented that from happening by framing the doors with 50mm x 50mm 3mm thick angle iron, it's impossible for my gaps to close up.

3 hours ago, Paddy1970 said:

Now normally that would be the case, but this chap is well aware of expansion issues with wood, so i've prevented that from happening by framing the doors with 50mm x 50mm 3mm thick angle iron, it's impossible for my gaps to close up.

When you have a moment ---- look up ---- the splitting of rocks by the expansion of wooden wedges.