Membership Cover

Guest gazza1591

As far as I am concerned a decision has been made on how to move forward, but due to the upcoming changes to committee it has been decided best to leave implementation of changes until such time as the ne committee is in place.

Also, Rob has advised he also wishes to step down from his role of maintaining the technical aspects of the forum, so any changes to the forums hosting and software provision will also go through robs replacement.

If anyone has any questions regarding any costs incurre by the club as a result of the website please feel free to message me to discuss.

Guest gazza1591

So the current committee have decided on some changes, but are. Waiting till the new committee are in place ? So does this mean in the hand over that all decisions by old will have to be upheld by the new committee, seems a little strange to me the way to go about it, if the decision has been made simply announce it now why wait another couple months ?

Because the decision has the largest impact on roles that are filled by people that are standing down, those being the it support and membership secretary roles. As such it was agreed changes should be held so that the people taking on those roles have a say in the changes.

Guest gazza1591

Ok not sure if it's me being thick or reading it wrong but you have said the changes have been agreed on ? But in your last post you have said agreed changes should be held off so that the people taking on those roles have a say in the changes ?

So the changes have not been agreed on or they have but who ever takes on the new roles can change them again is that what you are saying

Sorry like I said maymay be reading it wrong

The current committee has agreed the changes on the basis they meet the approval of the people who take on the roles at the agm as it is only fair to give them final say on them. It is no good approving IT changes if the new IT person is not comfortable working with what we choose, same with process for membership secretary.

Edited by theduck

Guest gazza1591

Umm this seems to be getting stranger by the min to me, don't see if the changes are not gonna happen till after the agm then why have the old committee made any decisions in the first place. Also don't really understand why there are so many committee members? And those members are not active on here or make there presence know on here, how many committee members are there exactly?And what are there roles.

There are seven committee members

Steamer (Richard) - club chairman

theduck (stuart) - club secretary

Rebeccakelly2009 (Becky) - treasurer

Derek - magazine editor

Perdy (kirsty) - membership secretary

Unclechief (Keith) - events secretary

Florin metal works (bob) - no designated role

Guest gazza1591

So only members can nominate or be nominated then? As by what I have just read onky members can make suggestions to be brought up at the agm? So of this is the case again how I read it all you are basically saying non members are not welcome?

So out of these have you received nominations for all the roles to be covered after May as per CMA post above?

I doubt it its hard to get volunteers, even harder if they know they will be working in a committee with so much friction. Having worked with someone of this committee prior to the current chairman, the fires of hell and promise of sure death would not get me to stand for a post and work in the committee with such friction. Edited by philshelton
  • Like 1

So only members can nominate or be nominated then?

Correct

As by what I have just read onky members can make suggestions to be brought up at the agm?

Correct

So of this is the case again how I read it all you are basically saying non members are not welcome?

all are welcome to attend but only members are allowed to vote. Edited by theduck

Guest gazza1591

Well I can honestly say this is just silly, you are saying that unless you pay £20 you have no voice, any non members will surely be reading this thinking what the hell at least I would be.

Guest gazza1591

Can one of the committee comment with how many new paying members you have gained over the last couple years? Be interested to see how many new members your gaining a year or is it just the same members sticking by the site