Membership Cover

Guest gazza1591

Nominations don't necessarily need to be received before the AGM, people can stand on the day but only for positions where no nominations have been received.

I don't think there's anything in the club constitution that say whether nominations have to be declared before the AGM.

My personal view us that it's better if there not declared, that way if 2 people are interested in the same role, both will seek nomination and it will go to a vote on the day, rather that people not putting themselves forward because someone else has already stepped forwards.

Guest gazza1591

So if 2 or more go for the sake role and its a vote on the day who decides who gets it then, the rest of the committee or the paid members there on the day??

Why should non-members (community users) be given a say?

The forum is one of the benefits of club membership that's also made available to non-members and it's cost is effectively met by club subscriptions.For this reason I don't think it's unreasonable that club members have the say-so regarding how the money is spent and the club is run.

Guest gazza1591

So really it's a popularity vote on the day then, as not all the paid members will attend the show I'm. Taking it so won't get a vote on who gets what role, so now in reality your ignoring non payed members and paid members who can't make it on the day then? Again not trying to cause arguments but it's not run correctly is it ??

Guest gazza1591

But these non members are who will move the club forward each year and the cost you are paying to run the forum are way over the top sorry to say

But these non members are who will move the club forward each year and the cost you are paying to run the forum are way over the top sorry to say

if you are a non paying member what do you bring to the club?

Guest gazza1591

if you are a non paying member what do you bring to the club?

Well just by one post made today I have brought the forum to life, but all joking a side if you want non members to be involved comments like this are just silly, you are saying as non members we don't have a voice or a brain ?

I go back to the reason I made this post and that is I paid full membership fee for couple months membership how is the is right?

Guest gazza1591

If you wish to have an influence on how the club is run, then read the club constitution, and get involved. The current committee run the club in line with the rules set down before us.

Take it that's a joke yea ?

Well just by one post made today I have brought the forum to life, but all joking a side if you want non members to be involved comments like this are just silly, you are saying as non members we don't have a voice or a brain ?

I go back to the reason I made this post and that is I paid full membership fee for couple months membership how is the is right?

Like I said if you want to change things in the club GET INVOLVED. You sound very passionate about things thats what the club needs. I stood down as i had lost some of the passion over the 6 years

Guest gazza1591

Like I said don't see how I'm not allowed to get involved unless I pay another year's membership that I only paid last October. Plus I can't see how 7 people decide on what happens or doesn't happen with regards to the club that has a few hundred paid members??

If you wish to have an influence on how the club is run, then read the club constitution, and get involved. The current committee run the club in line with the rules set down before us.

Take it that's a joke yea ?

No the club is run in line with a set of rules (the constitution) these rules can only be changed at an AGM or EGM the committee has to adhere to these rules. If you want to change things you need to be a member and request change at an AGM or EGM