Surrey Top Material

I know this subject has been covered lots before and I have had a good search of the forums but I thought I would get an updated opinion on material used.

What material have people used and would they use it again or have they found it wanting or spotted a better alternative. Are there any specific problems with any type or any other relevant info they can give.

It's just that while I have my screen off I have decided to fit an awning rail and my wife is keen to put her new (old!) Industrial sewing machine through its paces. I must admit I am quite keen to have a go myself

I got my material from here. .. https://bags2cover.co.uk/product-category/fabric-sale/

Very happy with it, used the same material to cover my doors (write up in the last mag).

Made up a frame to hold the material above my head, could have pulled it over the roll bar to the windscreen but it would have been touching me on the top of my head!

Then got a local boat cover maker to put it together for me. He made patterns from what looked like an old sheet before starting with my material.

Then got a local boat cover maker to put it together for me. He made patterns from what looked like an old sheet before starting with my material.

A boat cover maker? In Leicestershire?! About as far as you can get from the sea in this country? No wonder he had time to do your doors... :-)

You don't know what it was called do you bob? The stuff I have been looking at is designed for boat covers. I think I will get them to send some samples. No worries about the sewing machine Claire has already done some jobs on the industrial one that she said her normal one wouldn't have coped with

The material used for our home made gazebos --- All Seasons by Kayospruce -- 240 gram /sq M . Very strong, translucent in the lighter colours & Sylvia managed 4 thicknesses on her 50 year old machine. Very durable, the gazebo stands in the garden for around 3 months per year.

65% polyester/ 35% PVA use for awnings & tents ( so the book blurb goes)

Bought from --- Kayospruce Fareham Hampshire e-mail info@kayospruce.com

Maybe too far away --- but your local guy may know of it.