Derby Area Meets

Guest Howleybar

About an hour after posting this, the club-sec brought to the attention of the committee a member who wishes to become the Notts and Derby area sec - so on second thoughts and to be sure not to tread on any toes - I'll leave this one up to the new area sec to decide upon.

Guest Howleybar

All this politics is starting to grate, as a newish member it's really disappointing. If it really has such an effect that an informal local meet between like minded people can't go ahead then thats me done before i really start. This club is the lifeblood for people like me who aren't as mechanically minded as most and it saddens me to think I'll just have to stick to golf.

Honestly mate, this isn't political in the slightest. I responded to your Derby area meet with the intention of doing the same as we did last year.

This prompted our Club sec to post up in the committee section about another member who is really interested in becoming the Notts and Derby area sec, and arrange a monthly meetings.

Given the Derby meets last year were never really anything formal, and now that another member has kindly volunteered to organise more official area meets around us - it seemed the sensible thing to me to step back on this one and give the new guy a chance of getting the official meets off the ground and running successfully.

• Like 2

Guest Howleybar

Thanks Richard, that makes sense. Last year I was apprehensive about taking the car any distance as I was worried about it breaking down. The Derby meet was a good starting point and this year I hope to venture further but the meeting at Ripley is perfect for me. How soon could we liaise with the new sec to discuss possible meeting places

Thanks

Chris

Chris .....

This coming Saturday, GBS have an open day up in Ollerton. Weather permitting, I'll drive up there from Birmingham to give the 'kit' a run out after all the grotty weather!

It's just up the road from you, fancy a run out?

Take a look at their website - coffee and cake to greet you!

Guest Howleybar

That's ok with me, a little earlier would be better but will go with whatever is decided. Would this mean the informal meeting in Ripley will have to cease as it's in direct competition. My job involves 12hr shifts, 365 days a year so having the choice of another would be perfect for me. Alternatively my job also gives me the pleasure of driving all over the peak district with speed limit exemptions, i would happily organise monthly/bi-monthly meets up here with some driving on the quieter roads and a bbq or something at my mates pub here in Youlgreave.

Edited by Howleybar

For now, I think it may help the new area sec if the informal Ripley meet became even less formal and not as regular as we did last summer.

All being well, the monthly meet planned at Watnall will get supported and will be up and running in no time.........and as for the Ripley meet, I think I'll just post one up every so often throughout the summer for anyone who fancies it.

• Like 1

Guest stillbuilding

Hi Everybody,

I thought that it best to start the Derby and Notts area meetings where they have been in the past, at the Queens Head, Main Road, Watnall, NG16 1HT on the first Sunday of the month at 8.00pm.

I realise that the first Sunday in April is Easter Sunday, I will be there hope as many as possible can join me.

Regards

John Ball mobile:- 07739984613.