Lincolnshire Meet For April

alanrichey

I know some of us are on the Stilton Cheese Run on Sunday 22th, but if anyone intended to go and hasn't booked it's probably too late.

So let's look at the 'HorsePower at the Hall' (now changed to 'Gearheads at the Ground') meet on Sunday 15th at the Newark Showground, starting at 12:00, entry fee £2. See https://www.facebook.com/events/935260486630851/. Regular attendees should note that they will be holding only 3 meets this year.

All weather dependent of course as Summer seems a bit reluctant to come. I'll update this post during the last few days.

Hi Al,

Helen and I will be able to make it, maybe we could come to your place and drive up together.

The winter maintenance has now been completed and I took the Hood out for its first run of the year today between showers.

The maintenance consisted of:

Engine and gearbox out to replace the clutch as there was some clutch judder. Clutch judder now gone, thanks again for the help getting the engine and gearbox back in.

New pivot bars made for the front top suspension as the old ones had worn and there was play and various creaks coming from them.

Replaced the original front shocks and springs which after 21 years and 31,000 miles were fit for the bin, some might say they should have been binned and never fitted. After fitting new GAX shocks and softer springs I now agree, the ride is much better.

Fitted Daytime Running Lights to the nosecone grill.

Role on summer.

Cheers,

Nigel.

• 2 weeks later...

Nigel: Weather forecast probably as good as we are going to get at the moment, so let's go for it. Do you want to be at my house at 11:00 for a formation run up there ? Anyone else who fancies going either do the same or we will see you there. And if anyone hasn't been before and needs instructions, let me know.

Edited by alanrichey

I almost managed it :) In the event, the two of us (plus Helen) had a nice drive up to Newark and by going in the wrong entrance managed to skip the queue at the proper entrance. A huge difference from yesterday and rather chilly, but starting out dry,

post-12714-0-45697800-1523803029_thumb.jpg

Apart from one Tiger we the only 'Sevens' there, but there was a huge turnout of other cars, mainly boy racers checking to see who had the loudest exhaust and who could drive fastest up the exit road.. :)

post-12714-0-18793000-1523803167_thumb.jpg

A tactical departure meant we also managed to drive back in the dry, until we were a mile from my house when a bit of drizzle started. Although I would not have known if it wasn't for the spots on the windscreen. Nigel had a few miles left so not sure if he managed to stay dry.

Overall a nice day out to kick off the start of the season.

Al

An enjoyable trip out, the car ran well which was good news after having the engine and gearbox out over the winter, managed to get home without getting too wet as well.

Looking forward to the Stilton Cheese Run next Sunday.

Nigel.