The Uk Kit Car Club Track Day.

Matt brown

CKC track day is at Llandow, near Cardiff a lot higher price than mentioned above --- £95 for CKC subscribers & £115 for others says limited numbers but not how many that is.

Blyton Park is another CKC track day --- at same prices as above

And personal insurance?? Makes it an expensive day, will support what-ever but we will only be at the side of the track cheering you all on --- my track days finished many, many years ago before learning to fly --- a much safer option given it was only a big bag of hot air.

The big tracks, I believe, require to organiser to carry insurance against damage to the facilities, and of course there is probably a need for good old public liability insurance for them as well, and yes, individuals would have to insure against there own losses should they so wish

I'm sure as a club members only event, it could be made much more straightforward though.

At the last place I worked we used to book exclusive day use of Anglesey Circuit so we could test our own and competitor cars The cost was around £2500 for the whole day. This included a buffet lunch for about 30 of us and they had their race instructor on hand to give some training for those that wanted it.

This wasn’t a track day as such, more like an open session and we policed it ourselves in terms of entering and leaving the circuit and the number of cars on track at any one time.

RedTrev still works there and has made some enquiries with the guy that used to organise the sessions and will get more detail and contact information. As soon as I hear something I’ll pass it on to Matt.

• Like 2

Thanks rich. I want to do this as member and non member to try and get more people into the club as well as the more people the cheaper it would be for everyone and higher chance of making a profit for the club

Doing it as £30 cheeper for members I have a plan to get people to join the club to save themselves money in turn helping fund the club for further events

• Like 1

Need more members like this. I still beleive this is the best car club out there and the majority are passionate about the club and want it to do well! Hope this takes off and I can make it although chances are I will be on holiday as most of the leicester lot always arrange it when I am not here strange that!!! Mmmmm 😂

Edited by unclechief
  • Like 1

Blyton park is a good track, but costs for proper tracks are £120 + per person but for that it's open pit lane all day. That's what i.d like to do or santapod or another drag strip we could all then finally prove the figures 😎 Anglesey sounds good also

Edited by DanE

When I last looked in to it Blyton was around £3500 for a week day plus £800 for marshals. A weekend was £8000. It was concluded then that it was better for a group to book on to a javelin or equivalent track day

Had a couple of replays one from Mallory park wanting £18,000 plus wages for the staff needed for a one day event so that won't be happening lol.

Had another from castle combe at a more reasonable price of £5400 which includes all staff for the day and full use of the one of the main building for sign on and track viewing for the day.

But at the minute Anglesey is looking promising at a much lower price, only downfall is it's location, we will probably have to make a 2 day event of it but that's not always a bad thing. The price for a event at Anglesey will be much cheaper for everyone which is a bonus.

Still waiting on replies from a few other tracks so will update you all as more information comes in

Had another from castle combe at a more reasonable price of £5400 which includes all staff for the day and full use of the one of the main building for sign on and track viewing for the day.

Castle Combe is a good shout, be aware, a lot of track day insurers don't cover the track due to Quarry Corner (I think I only found 2 that did!). Decent track, free tuition and the best set up of 15min sessions preventing your endurance racing heros staying out all day lol. Any say on car numbers allowed?