Mini Wiper Set Up On A 2B

Guest Mossy

Guest Mossy

Hi has any got a photo or any help, how they fitted there wiper motor set up under the bonnet?

I wanted to use a mini set up not the cut down sierra one

Ive never had a screen on my car and wanted to get wipers ready for the screen

Thanks

If the scuttle already has the holes for the wiper spindles most of the layout is decided. Should be able to fix the motor to the chassis rails on passenger side (needs brackets ) then cut & fit worm outer tube & wheel boxes -- don't fit or cut the inner spiral worm until happy -- a short piece of tube is needed out of the second wheel box for the excess worm to run in. If the outer tube needs cutting to length a flare is needed to secure in wheelbox --- can be done with a centre punch to start & then ball-pein hammer. Keep the run as straight as possible & use grease on spiral on final assembly

If you still have the alligator opening bonnet, my solution might work. I had to mount the motor to the bonnet so i made 2 brackets/plates that attach to bolts in the centre join and are then attached with the wiper spindles and conveniently placed washer jets to hold the other end. The brackets hang down under to bonnet like a top hat shape and give a flat mounting to fix the motor to.

Guest Mossy

Thanks , yes I do have the alligator bonnet so thought I might have to make a bracket off the center , using the washer jets to help hold the bracket it a clever trick, will use that one

Thanks for the help guys