Wales Weekend Fri 10Th To Sun 12Th August 2018

richyb66

For the Midlands meet guys, just thinking about what route we can take and meet up before the suggested midway point at the Montford Bridge Cafe. I'll be going A446 to Weeford, then A5 all the way to it. We can meet up anywhere along the way; I think there were some suggestions of places on the A5, some of you were meeting up further down before I join, so I can maybe hang around at the Truckers Rest Cafe where we met last year for the Ponderosa run...?

What times are people targetting getting there for? I figure I'll set off some time after the mad rush, say 9.30 to 10ish... but I'm easy really, I'll fit in with everyone else...

Do we want to aim for the Montford Bridge at a certain time so we can all meet up there, in which case we can just work the timings backwards from there.

Most people already know the local area well but I’ll still produce some local area maps and route maps for the Saturday Run. Normally I put peoples mobile phone numbers on them so people can contact each other if they need to. Can anyone who thinks I may not have their number, and wants it adding to the sheets, please send it to me via PM

Been having a think, you could hear the cogs whirring.

If we go by previous trips then meeting points and depatures would be.

1 copper kettle on A5 CV9 1RE dep 9:15 26 miles to next stop.

2 Truckers Rest on A5 WS11 1SF dep 10:00, 46 miles to next stop.

3 Montford bridge on A5 SY4 1EB. Dep 11:00 39 miles to Glassblobbery.

Looking at mileage and fuel, its apparent why we always stop at Dobbies. For me from home to Dobbies is around 80 miles probably 90 for leicester guys. Going to Glassblobbery takes my milage to 130 which is a bit too far.

So Im thinking a fuel stop is needed before or near Dobbies, I can see 4 options on route.

1 M54 junc4 theres shell garage this is 16miles from Truckers rest. Would need to fill again at Glassblobbery.

2 M54 junc6 theres a tesco I'd guess 20 miles fron truckers rest, again would need to fill up again.

3 Sainsburys opposite Dobbies in Shrewsbury around 35 miles from truckers rest.

4 Hit Dobbies and meet up at Montford bridge cafe, when ever you can get out.

I can usually get to Nefyn from Dobbies without needing to fill up, just under 100miles.

Anyhow thats my thoughts for the day,if you intend to meet at one of stops post it up so we dont leave anyone behind. And can we be ready to leave on time.

Hi guys

Montford Bridge Cafe is 50 miles for me and Glassblobbery is 40 miles further on so i should be good for that as i can do around 100 miles and will have a jerry can in reserve.

I will meet up with everyone at Montford Bridge Cafe at 11am.

Plan to leave mine at 9:30am. My girls will have left at 7:30pm so will be alone.

I am in Bromsgrove and will travelling the scenic route through Kidderminster and Bridgnorth. I think the only people local to me are Stu and David. If you guys want to meet at mine or locally let me know.

Cheers

Steve

A welsh trip virgin so not sure the places discussed above but I live in Telford so I can more or less meet anywhere west of Telford. I dont know how good or bad my fuel consumption is with this engine so I will be taking almost every opportunity to fill up.

Tesco M54 jnc 6 is ideal for fuel and parking.

M54 jnc 4 is a small motorway services which can be very busy, but has a top carpark for additional parking. Happy to go with majority once more have confirmed. Richy how many are coming now?

Edited by MarkBzero

A welsh trip virgin so not sure the places discussed above but I live in Telford so I can more or less meet anywhere west of Telford. I dont know how good or bad my fuel consumption is with this engine so I will be taking almost every opportunity to fill up.

Tesco M54 jnc 6 is ideal for fuel and parking.

M54 jnc 4 is a small motorway services which can be very busy, but has a top carpark for additional parking. Happy to go with majority once more have confirmed. Richy how many are coming now?

You`ll be with myself and Steve on the filling up crew.. I need to every 100 miles (80 to be safe). We do take a spare can but rarely use them as we mostly find a station.

Andi

• Like 1