Obp Pedal Box (Adjustable)

brumster

Got the old pedal box from the Exmo sitting here, surplus to requirements.

It's the underslung type, adjustable bias bar for the brakes, master cylinders included (0.625/0.7) and clutch pedal.

It has been modified as follows :

- Additional bracing (because, as it comes from OBP, it was bloody awful)

- Clutch return spring

- Mounting legs to sit on top of a monocoque bulkhead/scuttle (Exmo, and probably others)

- Tagged a brake light switch onto it

- Pedals bent to suit Robin Hood footwell

Takes the standard Sierra throttle pedal bolted onto the right hand side (I have it if you need it)

Originally fitted to the Exmo in order to ditch the servo and free up engine room for the engine conversion. Worked great with Sierra front disks and rear drums.

Open to sensible offers, I have to put a price so say £70 but try me.... :)

6cbcCnC8bOh3LB6Of4DlevJ4MG6Bl6OKhIM6Q9xU

nLO1DfcQSvJIJDcUn81T25UrFgFIiX_23arXfO8_

PtqzWLryn6iovNWinZMV9pP0NTcVGXSBLkccBNNi

KFW4LN1sfbnDOuAs7kPhDEZLCPhK3I4SLdYeDGz4

The way it's modified, the easiest way is to mount it "sitting on top" of the battery tray, dropping down through the apertures that the monocoque car had for the pedals. If I recall, the back butts up against the original servo mounting plate. The pedals then hang down and, well, the rest is fairly obvious I guess. So the last picture would be as if you was looking from the right hand side of the car.

Throttle pedal mechanism can just be bolted onto the right hand side of it.

• 4 months later...

At the moment it's Sierra-like in that it pulls in, so the cable goes into the front perpendicular like most RHs. You can see in one of the pics, the lug on the pedal is at the top so it pulls it back towards the driver.

I suppose if you wanted it to pull up you could either cut the lug off and move it/weld another one on, further round... I'd be more tempted to make some sort of roller wheel mechanism outside of the box that you could run the inner cable around to point it in the direction you wanted... maybe?