Smallways 2018

BigLee

Apologies for the late notice this year......

Smallways weekend - Now confirmed Friday 20th JULY and Sat 21st JULY. Leaving Sunday Morning or whenever you want.

Date is in the diary. So what's it all about for those who have never been.

Cracking venue - Free camping - camping in PUB GROUNDS - run out on the Saturday - back to Pub - what more can you ask for. Everyone welcome..... Post below if you want to come..... Cheapest weekend on the calendar or most expensive if you drink a lot...

For anyone that hasn't been, this is an event I organise. It consists of a fantastic pub in the country where we camp over Fri and Sat just behind the pub. Usually an excellent run out on Saturday before heading back to the pub. Landlord lets us tip up anytime Friday and pitch a tent in the pub grounds. Or there are some local motels if you need some slates above you head. There is no pressure to eat in the pub, no pressure to come for a run out on the Saturday or stay both nights. All welcome. If you want a run out a beer or two and pitch a tent for a free nights camping that's fine.

Arriving to camp anytime PM on Friday 20th. Camping Friday and Sat nights FREE!!!! In the pub grounds.

I have now confirmed date with Landlord and I will try and book the sunshine !!!! Will be a run out for the Saturday. Usual 10.15 am getaway for anyone not stopping over Friday and joining us for the day run out. Please try and be ready with a fullish tank for 10.15 am at the
Smallways pub.

Details:
Location -
Smallways Country Inn, just off the A66 at Newsham, about 7 miles from Scotch Corner. (A1)

Map

Cost - Nowt - Will be beer to be drunk though !!!!!

Facilities - Excellent country pub serving good food. Toilet and washing facilities.

Stuff to do - Your own thing, tyre kick whatever. Did I mention there is beer!!!

Motel Next door for anyone wanting to stay in a brick tent but be quick rooms go quick. Motel is called Rokeby Inn.

For those wanting to come please can you reply to this so I can get an idea of numbers for the Landlord. I will update the list here.

Those attending:

Lee & Julie (Biglee)
Barry & Christine (Bazwaz)
Bob (RAEAUTOS)
Ivan And Andrea (Ivan the Terrible)
Chris Paddon (Chris 27) - Cant make it now.
Kevin and Gayle (Spannerman)
Steve & Jean (Red7)
Steve Adams (Grizzly) font][/color]
Alan Dawson (Alantoon)

Harry (Pintogogo)

Edited by BigLee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Looking forward to this and I'm hoping be there on Saturday morning. Unfortunately though, my Kit Car won't be attending.

I left the exhaust with someone a couple of weeks ago to do some repairs to it and expressly said that I needed to pick it up today (just got back from holidays).

Guess what? - It's all in bits and won't be ready until next week! :aggressive:

So, if I can cadge a lift, with someone on the Saturday for the runout, that'd be great. If not I'll probably just pop up on the Saturday evening for a tipple and if that's the case, there's a single room reserved at the Rokeby Inn under my name, if anybody wants it.

Regards... Grrrrrrizzly!

Edited by Grizzly

Sorry I didn't make it to the event, after a very busy week moving house, I was really looking forward to coming down, but i took the car out for a shakedown run on Friday and on the way home the steering started acting strange. It was sticking at what felt like a tight spot on the rack. On the jack the steering feels fine and i can't find any play any-where on the system, so it looks like a steering knuckle failing or a bent rack!!!. Totally sick I have parked it up and will go away and try and sort it next week. Sorry I missed you all, hope you all enjoyed it. Alan