Corner Weighting Today

speedtripledan

My car has always cornered slightly unpredictable when doing quick rights, lefts were fine. especially at the track, so i decided to have a go at corner weighting today. Net result is I now have the car with 50% cross weight 49%-51% side weight and 50.3 front weight 49.7% rear the cross weights were way off at the start. All this was done with my weight added to driver's seat and 1/2 a tank of fuel (4 gal). tomorrow i.m going to recheck the camber and toe. Looking forward to blyton Sunday to see what effects it had.

• Like 2

Well I've just been out in the car on a little circuit I do, last time a week ago I had to back off or go through some hedges the car was so unstable, today same rd and it was solid it actually felt like I was in a completely different car!! If you haven't corner weighted your car DO ! Along with camber and toe.

For beer tokens I could do it for you.

Only taking 5yrs to get this right, yes I've owned it for 5yrs ! Longest I've ever had any car

• 2 weeks later...

I just do it using bathroom scales that go up to 250kg each and my scissor lift. I re did my car yesterday as I had to raise the rear ride height for tyre clearance issues. I have bags of sand to replicate my weight in the seat and go from there. I.m sure it's not racecar accurate but it's close enough and repeatable. The difference was very noticeable... I would be happy to do your car if you want to come up here.