Sign in to follow this  
geordie40

Mt 75 Remote Gear Linkage On Superspec

Hi

Just wondering if these photos look right, I had noticed a knock from the tunnel/gear stick when I went over a bump so I removed the tunnel top and had a look inside and it looks like the remote linkage (I think thats what you call it) looks twisted I have about 1/2 inch clearance to the tubular frame on driver side but its hard up against the frame on passenger side.

When I push down on the gearbox the gap increases but it take a lot of pressure, I have put a bit of neoprene to stop the knocking. I have looked under car and gearbox looks level and there doesn't seem to be anything loose on the gear lever, and from what I can see gearbox mounts are ok, can only see 2 underneath car if there are anymore where are they?

Am I worrying over nothing or should I look elsewhere

post-14299-0-90673600-1531249289_thumb.jpg

post-14299-0-09482600-1531249296_thumb.jpg

mine is 50mm below tube but i have adjusted mine since hitting a kerb at the moira show, i altered the gearbox mount to lift it up, will be watching this topic to see what other measurements are posted

No measurements but mine looks different to yours ?

post-12714-0-14017100-1531250920_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yours does look different alan, mine looks twisted any idea how it may have happened and can I straighten it.

Wanderer did you adjust yours by changing gearbox mounts or is there another adjustment

I redrilled the bracket so it was level with whatever its held to and used original bobbins and washers to lift it i think the bobbins on mine are 40mm plus a 15mm packing.sorry i cant post photos on this site but if required pm me your email adress

It's a bit fiddly but you can easily remove the remote gear shift mechanism to have a look at the alignment. (I took mine off to get at the UJ underneath).

post-13848-0-24923200-1531256868_thumb.jpg

The whole shift mechanism is only held on with 2 bolts through a C shaped plate into the end of the gearbox, plus the clamp bolt onto the gear selector shaft. One bolt is underneath the locating tube on the right, which is really the only thing that holds the gearlever to the gearbox. The bolts are a bit of a pain to get at. With the mechanism removed you can straighten it or check the alignment.

Hi wanderer sent you a pm any pics would be great

Thanks for pic Andy, not sure how mine is twisted as both bolts are secure on the "C" shape bracket.

Of course it may have always been like it and in just noticing things now

I believe those remote gear changes were made by Robin Hood, so theres a chance theyre not all the same length of tube. Or maybe the has bent and could be straightened a bit.

hi just sent photos hope these help pic 1 ive just put 2x 35mm wooden blocks in which are a tight fit as said before i dont know if this is the correct dimension was hopeing for a bit more info from other superspec owners to compare

Will get the old "persuader" out and see if I can coax it straighter

Edited by geordie40

Thx Wanderer will take a look when I'm home

Hi Graeme,

apologies I don't think I can assist as my car is fitted with a DOHC Ford Engine from as Sierra Sapphire !

Good LUCK on curing your problem, that then leaves space for the next anomaly to occur, it's a KIT CAR thing :rofl:

Cheers :drinks:

Steve

:lazy: