Exhaust Manifold?

sorme

Posted yesterday about my brake fluid boiling because of the manifold running close to the master cylinder,(not the normal manifold)do standard pinto manifold s fit ?ie rs2000 ? Or are the robin hood manifolds made to measure, I know the top of manifolds the same it's just where it goes through the side panel,mine at the minute goes over the side panel and then down.

Robin hood manifold normally went down then through the side panel.

Could be a bugger to fit. On mine take the head manifold studs out, then fiddle about for ages to either remove or fit the manifold.

I do wonder about boiling fluid as new fluid has to get really hot to boil, would flushing the fluid fix?

I've just bought today some top silicone fluid to put in very high boiling point and some decent heat proof sleeving for the brake pipes,I did buy off eBay a manifold and exhaust (s/s) pretty cheap and tried for about all of 10 minutes to get it on,getting half through the side panel then gave up ,thinking now I could have fitted it by removing the master cylinder plus manifold studs,I resold it on ebay,wish I hadn't now! Hopefully change of fluid should help as this Automec as boiling point of 260 °C

I've just bought today some top silicone fluid to put in very high boiling point and some decent heat proof sleeving for the brake pipes,I did buy off eBay a manifold and exhaust (s/s) pretty cheap and tried for about all of 10 minutes to get it on,getting half through the side panel then gave up ,thinking now I could have fitted it by removing the master cylinder plus manifold studs,I resold it on ebay,wish I hadn't now! Hopefully change of fluid should help as this Automec as boiling point of 260 °C

Yep have to flush it all out ,then keep bleeding all the nipples till the new stuff comes through,pretty easy to spot as the silicone fluid is a purple colour I have the master cylinder off as well to clean it out and replace the seals,typical though now the weather as changed to take it a big run( no wet gear)