Stilton Run 2019

Derek

It seems like we have only just got back from this years Stilton Run but the entry forms are out for 2019.

Marilyn has relinquished her driver status for next year so it would seem I have the dubious honour for next year.

I will arrange lunch again at the Bell Inn in Stilton but this can wait until January at the earliest.

NOTE.... The run has been re-titled as the Jim Barry Memorial Run as Jim, the organiser for many years, sadly passed away earlier this year. However his widow, Joy, is carrying on with the organising.

Its not much to donate to a good cause; one we may be glad of someday!

Entry Form 2019.pdf

Edited by richyb66

Derek, I added the form in pdf format, not sure the forum accepts Word format. As postal entries are required I don't think people will have a problem printing it off and filling it in with a biro.

Here's the event flyer

THE STILTON CHEESE POSTER 2019.pdf

Edited by richyb66

• 2 months later...

Update......

I have received this from the new organiser of the event along with a revised entry form.

We appreciate your participation in the above event in 2018 and your support of the Air Ambulance charities that cover our region.

I am sure you are aware that Jim Barry passed away on the 8th May 2018 and that his wife Joy had hoped to organise next years event in his memory. However, Joy herself is now battling a serious illness and unable to continue the organisation of next years event..

My daughter Eleanor and I have taken over Joy's responsibilities, with the support of The Kettering Area Motor Club, Cranmog & Allon White Sports Cars so that the 'Run', one of the largest 'Drivers Day runs' in the country, may continue in Jim's memory.

We also appreciate the continued support and organisation of Uppingham First, The Rotary Club, Neighbourhood Forum and The Falcoln Inn as well as New Lodge Farm and The Bell Inn.

Next years event will be held on the 28th April 2019 and we look forward to your continued support.
In anticipation of this I have attached an entry form for the 2019 run.

Entry Form 2019a.pdf

Edited by Derek

I have emailed the new organiser to ask if the entry forms have been passed on, I will let you know as soon as I receive a reply.

I will start a separate thread in the New Year for the lunch at the Bell Inn, it will have details of how to join inn!!!!

P.S. Will do Kerry

Edited by Derek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We met up HERE, (postcode LE15 9BF) last couple of years and it seemed to work well. It's a public road and it's on our route out of Uppingham.

If we meet up there ready to depart at 11:00 am sharp then we should not be there more than 15 mins and should not upset the locals too much.

We have tried to meet up and go into the centre together but we have been split up and not parked together anyway.

Following the same route as last year, ie both loops, we will have enough time to stop off at the farm shop for essential supplies leaving at 12:45.

Then its the the run down to Stilton for lunch at.......2:00pm. This is the same time as last year so we need to be away from the farm shop on time.

Weather forecast is looking OK at the moment, should be a good first run out.