Moog6 Update

Guest Moog6

10 hours ago, Moog6 said:

Hi Everyone,

Wishing all a Fantastic Christmas and New year.

Here's To the Jim Clark Road Run, The first Scottish meet, and the completion of Moog 6.

I will be busy!!!

Regards, Dave.😎

Yup, have a great holiday all...

By the way Dave, do you know this guy ? 😉....comes from your way originally...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Well I have been very busy with the progression of Moog 6.

The finishing line is within sight!!!!

Just a few bits and bobs to finish hear and there. trimming, Spare wheel fitting, Exhaust Cover , Flooring with nice metal flooring trim etc.

Here's the latest pics.......

Optimized-IMG_2418.JPG

Optimized-IMG_2409.JPG

Optimized-IMG_2415.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Been very cold up here lately, so slight delay on Moog's finishing, but got on the car today.

Dashboard re wiring almost done! Few bits to re wire on Sunday.

Finished Passenger side armrest, looks great, not bad for a first attempt ever lol.

Then its on with the rest of the interior!!!

Hope the weather up here in Scotland gets warmer soon, wanna drive Moog6 for some serious drives!!!!

Will keep you up to date.

Regards,

Dave.

Optimized-IMG_2475.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Been busy with Moog's Electrics on the dash, all done!

😓

To Fin Moog, armrests, inner side panels, central column panel, bot dash panels, rear boot upper and lower inner panels, rubber flooring -driver & passenger sides (Same as boot), Metal panels front of bottom seats to fin off look. Fit 2 main speakers and tweeters (Bot of Dash),  make up 2 deco metal panels (In front of Speakers to beginning of arm rests), fit new spare wheel support & rear Number plate + Light, fit fog lamp & Reverse lamp.  At a later stage, extend top of hood to reach windscreen frame, fit hinges to windscreen frame for doors & Have a boot cover made.

Moog 6 will then be finished!!!

Dave.😎

PICS TO FOLLOW...….

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Moog6

Thanks, Richyb, Duck.

Glad you like the look!

Yep flooring is new too. Hardwearing grey circle rubber.

Collecting rear wheel support this weekend, then its the fun task of fitting it!!! Wire up fog, reverse and number plate light.  Fix Gents thick wide belt too top of boot for spare wheel. Fit second speaker + Fit tweeter matching red vinyl panels + drivers side inner panel and floor. Then inner boot panels top and bottom. Fit rubber flooring into central column which is finished off with grey trim edge. Tidy up area inner surround of dash. Fit arm rests, paint up steering here and there

That's about it I think.

Later jobs will be...... have a boot cover made, fit hinges to frame for doors I have and get the front of the hood extended a few inches to fit the new roll over bar that was fitted a few years back.

At least that way I will be dry!

Moog6 is booked in to The Moffat , Thirlestane events, and of course The Linlithgow Classic Car Day/ 1st "Jim Clark Road Run"  on August 25th.

Not forgetting the first Scottish meet that I will org nearer Aug when the Jim Clark Museum reopens.

Happy Days.....😎  

• 1 month later...
Guest Moog6

Hi Everyone,

Been very busy decorating, Wife's orders lol.

Managed to get to the car over the weekend. End is at last in site!!! Interior looking grand! Added some grey to the steering looks fab!

Will be attending the Jim Clark Evening this Sat (20th April ) at 7pm at the Lauderdale Hotel in Lauder. Be a great night, Mem on show, films, talks, Jim's Yellow lotus Elan to be there, The New Lotus that's being raffled will also be present. Jim's Cousin Doug Niven will be there, and Jim's Friend and Mentor in the early years, Ian Scott Watson will also be there. The event is organised by The Jim Clark Fan Club and Borders. It's free entry there will also be a raffle.

Enjoy!

Dave.

Optimized-IMG_2679.JPG

Optimized-IMG_2675.JPG

Optimized-IMG_2680.JPG

Guest Moog6

Hi,

UPDATE!!!!!

JIM CLARK EVENING IN LAUDER

I have been informed that unfortunately  Jim's Cousin Doug Niven won't be able to make it to the evening after all so not sure if Jim's Yellow lotus Elan will be there.

It will still be a great evening!

I can't Wait!

Dave.