What’S Your Winter Project?

As per title, the kit car season will soon be coming to the end what big project, upgrade or repair will you be doing during winter months?

This year my car is staying taxed and insured for the odd nice day we might get, but will be getting a thorough cean.

I have had a very busy 2 years since the Hood let me down a few days prior to LeMans 24, I will get it running properly & motd by the end of the year.

I am also throwing a bit of money at the new (Old) Fisher Fury project

• Like 1

The paintwork on mine is showing signs of wear so it would be nice to get that re-done, but it all depends the cost. If I can get it done, I would then like to add a clear wrap to the most vulnerable places, just to protect the paint a bit better.

The headlights are a bit of a weak point so I might look at upgrading them.

• Like 1

Guest dieselnut

Installing a heater for me and building some new doors. Going to get the 3d printer out and knock up some fill in parts to block the main air leaks around the wet weather gear.

On top of that, if I have time replacing the non functioning clocks with a home built Digi dash - been a slow running project for a few weeks, basics are a 7 inch touch LCD run by a couple of microcontrollers providing the usual dashboard functions and indicators with the ability to switch to display oil pressure gauges, vac gauge, water temp etc. Keeping it wife-friendly by default then switchable to car-geek mode for when I need/want to know more.

Edited to add: if/when I get the Digi dash working I'll post a write up if people are interested.

Edited by dieselnut

got the Robin hood to finish, got a s1 Dutton phaeton to rebuild, got a 1968 Commer TS3 to renovate, might have another 5 Commer lorries to dismantle for parts, so going to be a tad busy!!

ohh and mustn't forget the Wife's list ! :rofl: :angel:

Looking for a large tent to put the Commer in if anyone knows of anything.

• Like 1

A few years ago at a show I saw a 30s style car with the Commer engine in it. That would be an interesting project!

yeah saw that one might end up with a spare engine might be a bit heavy for the hood though.

My list was to fit the windscreen which Ive actually just done. Make a boot with lockable lid and try to get the fuel gauge more accurate when at the lower end was only really concerned it read full for the Iva lol.