2B Dohc Lux Stainless Steel/purple Fibre Kit – Unbuilt/unmodified.

zygoteer

I have for sale a RH 2B DOHC Lux Stainless Steel/Purple fibre kit – unbuilt and not modified.

This dates from October 2002, but due to work commitments I never got past stripping the donor, then after that I was injured, then I became ill, and now I am way too old/frail to get out and get under. L

So I have finally acknowledged that I will never be able to progress this build.

Hence the entire untouched kit is available.

… but this could still be built up to be a good fun car by someone with the vision I had – so stop dreaming and buy it from me.

£750 the lot – provided you can take away ALL the bits and stripped donor items and the numerous new & old spares … as I really need to clear the garage to set my mind at rest.
(pickup only of course, and you will need a good sized van and some energy !)

... but not the donor shell, as this is due to be disposed of – so I guess you would end up with a Q-plate.

All this was dry-stored (but very dusty now).

Below is a brief description as accurately as I can recall …

Complete 2B DOHC Lux Stainless Steel/Purple fibre kit + 70ltr SS tank + 'SS' luggage rack + Full Hood and Side Screens + Alloys … and lots of bits in boxes (original invoice £3695)

Includes Video tapes manual.

This chassis is wider than the normal 2B in key areas, to accommodate the DOHC engine & box (and is believed to be very similar to the ‘Super-Spec’ chassis).

The handful of parts RH stupidly supplied in mild steel do have surface rust though, and the 4-bolt RH Alloys were sold a while back.

The donor parts/used spares list includes:

DOHC 8V engine “DL20-N9B” (125bhp when new) + TWO spare “N9C” engines.

Complete Rear Axle incl. Beam/arms, Disc-brakes, 5-bolt hubs, diff. = 3.91 ratio + spare 3.66 diff. (ex- diesel).

MT75 gearbox + spare MT75 gearbox (believed to be close®-ratio from a 16V “DH20-N3A” engine).

Cosworth Steering column.

5 Refurbished 16” Cosworth 5-bolt alloys with good tyres (well they were when I bought them).

Pair of 4-pot front calipers (Cosworth Sapphire RWD) – need overhaul though - you can still get the seal sets.

There are plenty of other parts too numerous to list.

... and more …

A few donor parts may well be missing – pedal box I know is not there (never got around to removing it from the donor)

The “new” parts (well they were when I bought them) are many and varied, again, but includes:

New Adjustable Top Wishbone set – purchased via RHOCaR member a few years back (but never used of course)

New DOHC alloy sump ready to be cut and welded to increase ground clearance.

New 278mm front vented discs (to match the 4-pots & 5-bolt hubs).

New Cosworth RS500 front brake pads.

New solid rear 5-bolt disks.

New Black fibre Aero-screen to fit instead of the normal windscreen (a.k.a. air brake).

New set of 8V DOHC ‘stretch’ head bolts.

New 8V DOHC water pump.

New Cosworth Poly bush set.

New EFI fuel tank sender

New 2.0 DOHC timing chain tensioner

New 2.0 DOHC exhaust manifold gaskets

New FSE power boost valve – 2.0 DOHC

.. and more bits too numerous to list.

Location East Bedfordshire.
Email me if interested.

Edited by zygoteer

If you have chassis plate and v5 from the donor, keep them with the kit. They will allow the builder to get age related plate.

Thanks for that note - the donor is on SORN and I do have the V5 and I will now try to cut-out the VIN plate before the shell is disposed of.

contrary to what I said before, I have discovered this morning that I do have the pedal box !

Edited by zygoteer

You can probably get away with just keeping the riveted on plate on the bonnet slam panel which should also have the vin number on it.

This is a bargain price for a very comprehensive kit of parts, I hope someone takes up the challenge and gets it on the road.

hi im really interested would you be able to get a handful of pics etc please

OK, but I can't really take pictures until the donor shell is taken away next week, due to the space in the garage.

However I will also scan the relevant original brochure pages to give you an idea in the meantime - bear with me this evening though.

OK, but I can't really take pictures until the donor shell is taken away next week, due to the space in the garage.

However I will also scan the relevant original brochure pages to give you an idea in the meantime - bear with me this evening though.

Here are a few images ( www.pyghtle.com/DOHC.htm ) from the Brochure for the 2nd production batch which was a higher price and NOT purple, but does shows the rear wings before they changed the design for the 2nd batch.

My kit was from the 1st DOHC batch of 22, and was a fuel injection model, so would have the purple bonnet bump.

Also included is a picture of someone else's build (forgotten whose) which was also from the 1st batch, as this gives you an idea of how the fibre colour SHOULD look with the mirror polished SS panels.

Edited by zygoteer

How soon does it need collecting? Interested but cant collect straight away.

Depends on what timescale you mean by 'cant collect straight away'.

The short answer is NOT straight away.

However I do want it all gone as soon as practical, so essentially, if someone else wants it, I guess it is first come first served.

I shall be posting some pictures of my actual kit next week when the donor shell has gone ( - I have the V5 and VIN plate ), so you can then see the condition of it along with the accumulated dust !

I have an apology to make to those who are interested in my '2B kit'.

Memory plays tricks on you when you are my age, and I forgot that in 2010 I sold the hood/side-screens because I was going to fit the aero-screen instead to make it easier to IVA (and reduce drag !).

So the hood/side-screens are NOT in the kit

Sorry for my mistake.