2B Wishbone Suspension

Guest Bov

Hi,

I am in the process of getting the 2b ready for MOT.

I have started on the suspension (double wishbone) and its not in good shape, rubbers and ball joints gone, and wishbones very corroded.

I would be interested in purchasing new or good used items, and would like to see if there is anything out there please?

I would like to redo the whole setup, including the wishbones, arch brackets, ball joints, track rod ends, hubs and pony entail the adjustable shocks as well.

Hopefully someone has something out there?

Regards,

Chris

post-14375-0-36478700-1536418389_thumb.jpeg

post-14375-0-76859300-1536418400_thumb.jpeg

Thank you for your quick reply. I was setting my hopes on someone potentially breaking something with a nice 2b suspension setup on it to do it all in one hit. Or maybe someone having the spares,

Personally even if you purchased a full second hand set id still replace said bushes and track rod end etc. You are talking about £15 delivered for a pair of news Sierra ones QH etc. Bushes are about £3 a pair I think and youll need 8 youd be aswell just getting your parts sand blasted repaint or powder coat and fit the above.

That way also ensures they will fit back into your mounts. As we all know the tolerances by Robin Hood when these were made werent exactly great.

I had my front suspension blasted and powdercoated as well, came up looking like new. Just make sure the powdercoater knows his job and masks off the threads and holes for bushes. (One I found didn't want to mask the bores of brake calipers, he said he just pointed the gun away from the bores and I could clean them up afterwards!)

Hi Peter that is a very kind offer thank you. Taking it off today I think we may get away with the upper wishbones, but if they are rough on closer inspection I will let you know shortly.

Cheers, Chris.