Pictures Of Front End

Guest DonnieC

Hi, I have a monocoque body but the front end looks cut and chopped.

Has anyone any pics of front end,nose cone figment etc? Its running sierra steering rack ( I think).

Where should I look for weakness in the body.

Hi, thanks, I have looked at them but none seem relevant. The front end seems to be made different from any model I’ve seen.

There is box steel at the front but the bottom section has been cut .

I will post pics tomorrow to help identify the front.

I doubt anyone will have design specs for this car, instruction manuals did not exist when these cars were built. You could try GBS but they may either not have them or too worried to admit anything about this car.

There are still quite a few out there, the only one I know is Fozzie in Telford.

Guest DonnieC

The reg document has it as a Robin Hood S7, but there is a box steel section been added to the body. I would like an idea of how the front is built so I could rebuild it.any pics of your front suspension would help, thanks

It might be worth attending a local meet so you can talk to members local to you.

It looks like a home modification but thats not to say its a bad thing.

If its got rose joints theyre easy to replace.

The suspension can be removed, cleaned and painted or powder coated, Dealers choice.

There are build videos on YouTube which might help if you can find the relevant section.

All the best with your project. No two RHs are the same.

My series 111 is as per the photo as shown by Allan65. The shocks on these are inboard. As Dave Ed says no 2 Robin Hoods are the same. This does sometimes mean that in the cars past someone may have changed things. Get to a meet and have a nosey at some other cars.