Insurance

Mitch

I was talking to a Hoodie in Skipton last, who has just failed his first SVA,

(minor things but thats not the problem)

He was saying his Insurance would only give him road cover for a set time for a unregestered car, after which it would be cancelled, i think it was a max of 45 days.

I never had this problem when i was building and this was not mentioned when i took out the policy,

I think it was insured with Flux but he said several companies said this to him when he was taking out the policy,

So anyone with an car thats failed and thinks they are still insured it maybe worth a call to the company you are insured with, if only for piece of mind,

I wouldnt want any one to lose out because they may have changed the terms of insuring a Non regestered kit.

Hope that this makes sense

Mitch

Guest paul thompson

My Car is insured with roadsure, and even tho I now have a Reg number the policy came through the other day with the chassis no on it still. Guess I am still insured as I have the actual policy document!! That means for another year on chassis no.

Guest chris brown

Roadsure seem to be the only people who understand that it can take more than 30 days to get a car thro all tests and registered even thro it can take more than that to get a SVA retest at some places

I insured mine with Roadsure during buildup on the chassis number only. It lasted for the whole year and when registered I just phoned them with the reg number and they sent a new policy through, although it did take about three months to get it.

Peter

I have just failed my SVA and phoned Adrian Flux to tell them it would take longer then the 14 days they had given me :wacko: they said not to worry about the two weeks and they would wait untill the 12th of this month for me to give them a number plate and photos or I might lose the money I have paid but they will talk it over with you on the phone and give you longer if it is out of your control parts, holidays etc :unsure: phone them and explain the young lady I spoke to was very helpful.

Pacman

I have my insurance with RoadSure on the chassis no not reg, there isnt a time limit as far as i can tell and there is no mention of getting to and from SVA ctr. I also have a document for the year :)

Bugsy