Diffusor From Gbs Zero On My S3A

Guest JimmyRH

Guest JimmyRH

Hi all,

I was able to buy a diffusor from GBS Zero for a steal, yes it was cut in half, but that's no issue because it would be needed to cut in half to fit my S3A.

I am experiencing a few issues with mounting the diffusor. Offcourse I have cut it up to size for the Sierra rear axle, no issue there. I also know I need to "close" it up to the bottom of the trunk so no wind can catch it.
But at the differential part I have a fixing issue. I can do 2 things.. Extend it so it will reach the bottom of the car.. or cut it shorter and box it up after the gastank.. So I would need to shorten it a lot, no problem.. This will also make fixing it easier... But offcourse is not how it is supposed to be.

Few images from fixing it on the car, and the rear.

l92pdx4ns.jpg

22hk84w.jpg

Edited by JimmyRH

Guest JimmyRH

For aerodynamics, off course I agree, but it's for roadies only, no track days or what so ever.

this afternoon I'm going to work on it further so will check the options again..

Even on the road, it will reduce the parachuting effect.

Although something to consider is that unless you have a well ventilated bonnet, the only place hot air currently has to go is up the trans tunnel, and extending the diffuser would be sealing off that eacape

Guest JimmyRH

I have decided not to extend it.. I made a bracket that can bolt on to the differential hold op up points. this way hot air can escape. The diffusor is a few cm higher than the floor panels so I will test it first how it is when he is done. It's in glasfiber now so that has to dry out a few hours. I left the brackets in for extra support.

• 3 months later...