Floor Strengh

Guest Dakes

My 2B finally passed the IVA this week at the newcastle test centre. The two testers (Colin and Kevin) were friendly, willing to listen and full of advice on how to solve particular fails in in order to get a pass, for example the floor strengthening idea as previously mentioned for easily solving the inner seat belt and rear seat mounting issue with regard to 2B’s. 

Docs now sent off for registration- hopefully won’t be long until I am taking in the crisp winter air on the wonderful country back roads we have up here in Northumberland 

seasons greetings to all 

Patt 

Many thanks to previous messages - yes it is a good feeling. I have to say this would not have been possible without the help of this club and the expertise of its members. I am just a community participant at the moment, but have been a member in the past. I am thinking of joining again as perhaps I can pass on some of the solutions to problems that I have faced And overcome as the build progressed. 

Many thanks to all 

Patt 

Hi Patt Congratulations on passing the Iva, I never even knew that anyone local to me was building a kit. You have within a 10 mile radius of you  four 2B's, a 3a and a Zero , not all are in Rhocar but they have been in the past. A few of us have regular runs out so you would be a welcome addition to our area. Look forward to seeing the car once the DVLA do their stuff= I don't take my car off the road for the winter so if you wanted some company on a run out just send me a message, Alan

Hi Alan, yeah just waiting for reg - could be delayed because of the Christmas hols. We are on holiday straight after new year and hoping for something in the post when we get back. it’s a small world, we lived in Cramlington for 22 years and downsized to a bungalow in Stannington last year. I’m up for a trip out - on a fine day as no hood or windscreen

Patt

• 5 weeks later...

Regarding the strengthening of the floor, I did that on my 2B which then passed the IVA.

I have a web site with pictures which you may find helpful, apologies for the messy web site but the host changed and I lost a lot of content.

https://www.johnskitcar.com   

However if you look on the build tab and scroll down to seat belt mounts you will find pictures which may help.

Good luck with the build

Cheers

John

• 1 year later...

Hi all I no this is an old topic but has any got pics of the strengthened floor and seat belt mounting talked about.

I myself are looking at the floor panel from GBS and cant see how it fits 

It doesn't look much for £144 plus postage.

I'm tidying up poor workmanship of previous owner and I've started in the cockpit and around the seat harness fixing points so any pics people have of this and the floor strengthening would be great and very much appreciated.

Things have changed quite a bit from what I see and read about the IVA test from when these cars first came on the market. I can see the floor being a problem though as very little of it 😁.

Before pic of the pillar and after pic near fishing.

20200710_165808.jpg

20200716_194812.jpg

Edited by Jon

Well I'd like to give my thanks to @maca for his help and guidance on strengthening my handbrake. Very much appreciated and such a knowledgeable man and with his guidance I'm sure my hood will get through the IVA when completed.

Thanks again Maca and on to the next job.👍

20200720_174020.jpg

Edited by Jon
  • Thanks 1