Website feedback thread

theduck

33 minutes ago, brumster said:

Minor point - the address search in the member map doesn't seem to work/offer up any results so I can't place a marker down where I want it...

I spotted that and have raised with the developer. If you type in the address search and then press use my current location, it will actually use the address search field. 

Quick update on Themes.  I really dont have time to get into creating a completely custom "Dark Theme" at the moment, and that is what is require to get that working completely correctly, so for now there wont be any updates to that theme, however, to make sure there is a darker styled option available, you will see now there is a theme called "Surface Dark".  This is an off the shelf option, and isnt completely ideal, but it gets a properly functioning dark theme available now rather than making you all wait.  In the long term when i have had time to finish the Dark Theme properly I will remove surface dark so that the site maintains a consistent style and feel, regardless of if you prefer the light or the dark. 

9 hours ago, theduck said:

I spotted that and have raised with the developer. If you type in the address search and then press use my current location, it will actually use the address search field. 

Hmmm, doesn't work for me. It just asks for my browser to allow location searching, and wants to add my current location (which is too spot on for me, security-wise). There doesn't seem a way to drop a pin or reference a place name or postcode. Maybe it's me/my browser though, I dunno. Never mind, not critical, just a bit of feedback that's all ;)

3 hours ago, brumster said:

Hmmm, doesn't work for me. It just asks for my browser to allow location searching, and wants to add my current location (which is too spot on for me, security-wise). There doesn't seem a way to drop a pin or reference a place name or postcode. Maybe it's me/my browser though, I dunno. Never mind, not critical, just a bit of feedback that's all ;)

Weird. Worked for me - had same concerns.

3 hours ago, brumster said:

I had problems with this too. I used 'find my present location', which was way off, then was able to push the pointer around to get it to the proper place using update now. Hope this helps but the software fix would be better.

Marlin

Taking a bit of time and effort to retrain myself with the new format but already starting to make sense.

Like the features and navigation seems to be easier also more comprehensive.

Signing in was my first hurdle but soon got the hang of it.

Olduns like me need a bit of time to adjust, poor old things😪.

Keep up the good work!

On the desktop browser click your user name at the top right hand corner of the page, a drop down menus will appear with Sign Out at the bottom.

On the mobile browser click the 3 horizontal bars on the top right hand corner and Sign Out is there.

1 hour ago, Longboarder said:

Defeated by the member map. Its put my marker in Paignton not Plymouth and I have failed in my efforts to amend it. Obviously where my my router shows up cos google maps also think my location is Paignton.

Have moved it to plymouth for you.  I am speaking with the developer of the map plugin to try and get this resolved.

• Like 1