Kit spares chassis wiring look

Guest Ophidr

• 2 months later...

I used the loom in my car but, to be honest, electrics for me is one of those things you do once, are so happy it worked, you promptly vow never to touch it again in case you break it. 😀

Basically, I wouldn't consider myself enough of an expert to provide useful help, especially if you're going to ask about wiring colours and pin-out diagrams 😊. I struggled through my setup with the help of Simon (who was working at GBS at the time) and I haven't got column stalks, which makes my dash loom completely different to everyone else.

In my blog (link in my sig below), I have a page on electrics which has some of the schematic for my car - if you have any questions based on that, I may be able to dredge up some knowledge. Sorry I can't be more helpful...

Right i have a battery isolation switch and i have the flip switch pust start button 

I have brought the stork kit so nice and easy plug and play but i am not sure where or how i wire the isolater switch at the top of your attachment 

Where does the following go on my setup

12v fuse supply -

Axillary isolator relay switch -

12v Ignition out -

Start solenoid out -

Start solenoid 12v -

I take it the main  power supply goes on the bolt on the out side of the fuse box?

easy first; Yes the power + from the battery goes to the bolt on the outside of the fuse box.

The top "Ignition switch" section of the 'attachment' are for the connector that goes to the key/ignition switch on the steering column.  I do not know what type of key barrel you are using?  I have the information for a MX-5 Mazda barrel but if you are using a FORD it will be more difficult for me to help. But not impossible. The PUSH START button you have will go to the 2nd pink connector allowing you to start by button or key position.

'Battery Isolation switch' frequently is placed to cut power to everything, BUT you need the type of switch that turns off the alternator also or the engine may run on and/or fry the rectifier in the alternator. Did the switch not come with directions?

The GBS loom is made to go with the other GBS premade wire harnesses and hence designed to be plug and play. Using just the chassis loom and everything else Robin Hood will add to the difficulty since I am not familiar with the Robin Hood wiring.  With all the help on the forum I'm sure it is doable.

Keep calm and wire on.👨‍🔧

Electron flow is good!👍

Indicators can be finicky. All need to be connected and you may have to add diodes to the circuit. Attached diagram maybe helpful? Credit to templar knight. This is again a different connector of the harness. See bottom of prior attachment.

Aux plug Hazard wiring _lower dash panel switches.pdf

Edited by marlin

• 2 weeks later...