zetec 2B/4 install

mwspit1500

thanks for the reply tractor, don't think you have the same cross-member and antiroll bar as my car,  i was wondering if anyone with the same car as me had done the Pinto to zetec conversion with the race-line sump, i have hopefully put some pictures on to show the problem.

cheers,

mark   57140727_crossmemberantirollbar.thumb.jpg.719cacc598ccd3255df214e3716d26f7.jpgsump.thumb.jpg.10743629cbd23875277f6fe9eebfcdfd.jpg

yes i see the difference now mine was a 2b/04 and it wasnt like that 

if you raise the engine as high as poss and cut that cross member out it should fit i reckon 

i raised the engine on mine i had to flatten the flanges in the middle of the bonnet cos i had raised it so far that the bonnet sat on the cambelt cover when closed

Edited by tractor

I know in the past some members with 2B chassis cut the plough type cross bar out without significant loss of structural stiffness. In the even older times of monococque Hoods the antirollbar was a problem both from the space it takes up and the performance point of view. It's not a good thing to have controlling the front suspension on a light car. Far too stiff. The fix eventually from RH was a proper lower wishbone. On early mono's it was removal of the ARB and a change to a tie-bar, essentially giving a two piece lower wishbone on each side.

Perhaps that's a better way to go?

Mine had proper wishbones so I'm short on details but there are posters on here who did the tie-bar thing who can help.