Dashboard cutting

geordie40

4 hours ago, NickandNeil said:

Hi where did you get the gauges and how much were they? We looking for a set an the smiths were just too rich for us too. 

Hi

I got them off ebay , they are cheap chinese ones but the look the part and work well. Will probably upgrade them as I go but they will be fine for now.

This is a link to their ebay shop https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/anoasisstate

If it doesnt work then the shop is called "an oasis state"

Ah ideal I didn't realize there were any other members in the aria. I'll send you a personal message an hopefully we can meet up. 

The build has been going slow over Christmas sadly due to my poor health but we are making progress. I would say we nearly have the whole front of the car finished, just a few little jobs. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, deano266 said:

How did you make the tunnel cover. That is so much better than mine and might look to replicate

The previous owner had made it out of mahogany I think so I just covered it in leather. Will send you some pics of before 

Well looks like I may have screwed up or im just being thick!!

Got oil pressure,voltmeter and speedo working ok (dash lights as well)  but....

It looks like my rev counter may be for a BOAT or DIESEL engine (see photo). If theres a way to make it work please enlighten me 

Also my temp gauge doesn't move but it maybe I havent given it long enough or the fact that the sender had 2 wires out of it (both red) so Ive just joined them, same as above HELP

😡🤬

On 1/27/2019 at 2:30 PM, NickandNeil said:

That's great thanks Geordie. Looks like they have exactly what were looking for too. 

Nick and Neil DONT BUY UNLESS IT GETS RESOLVED!!

20190303_160816.jpg

20190303_170038.jpg

Some alternators come with a W connection, this gives an unrectified signal that can be used to drive a tacho. Check if your alternator has this connection.

The temperature guage might be a thermal movement (wich is well damped) in which case the connections are not polarity sensitive and one goes to the sender which normally has its body earthed to the engin block and the other goes to either a satbilised supply or a switched live.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've finally finished my "Winter" projects, dash and centre console finished in leather, new dash layout, replaced the old SD1 rad with a nice alloy one from "coolexperts",  leather armrests on doors, leather door caps, windscreen surround painted black and a nice new "Genuine Momo" steering wheel from wife for birthday.

But I now have a slight knock from propshaft when pulling away, Im hoping a good grease up will help as its been sat stationary for 5 months, oh and fuel gauge doesnt read properly (last time I buy cheap Chinese crap!!) so new etb gauges are being discussed, I managed to get a brand new etb rev counter for £80 off ebay!! 

20190330_173937_HDR.jpg