Seat mounting

Guest Smith-colin

Guest Smith-colin

Hi guys,

New to the forum as I have just bought what I believe is a 2B, to say it's a project is a bit of an understatement as unfortunately any work carried out before me purchasing seems to have been done in a hurry 

, I don't think it has ever been driven but sits with full running gear by way of a 2.0 pinto and a five speed sierra box the engine sits with no induction equipment at all but it is turning freely, I have stripped it back and now overhauled all brakes and secured all brake lines etc . When I was trying to get to the propshaft I removed the seats and discovered they were only bolted at the front , the kit has a 3 or 4mm piece of steel running from one side of the chassis to the other and is welded in place which the front seat bolts were mounted through but the rear seat bolts were just through the floor panel which I doubt is correct.

im looking to see what the best method is for correct fixing, I could fit another steer plate from side to side for the rear mounting but I would need to do a fair bit of fabrication as it will run directly over the front suspension mounts for the rear suspension.

what have you guys done??