S7 Sprint

Guest Paul Hyde

Guest Paul Hyde

Hi.

I could do with a bit of information please. I have a S7 Sprint registerd as  Robin Hood Sprint on the V5 and has the donor cars reg number. How can I find the year of manufacture of the kit?

Thanks in advance 

Paul

Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is if you have the original paperwork, or like with mine, you find the date written on a part somewhere (Mine was on the fuel tank).  Now, someone far more knowledgeable on the history of robin hood than me will probably correct this, but as far as I recall, the the dolomite version would have been introduced in 1990.  The Sierra version I believe came in in 1994, and in between that there was the cortina version.  So using some fag packet maths I would say it has to be a 1990 or a 1991.

Guest Paul Hyde

Thank you for that. I will have a poke around. I was hoping it was an 1989 as the rules for free road tax say if it hasn't been altered for 30 years you may qualify for it.

Think that we may be mixing two separate (but linked) exemptions.

For road tax exemption it's 40 years.

For MOT exemption it's also 40 years, but provided the car hasn't been substantially modified in the last 30 years. There is a specific reference to kit cars in the guidance.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/670431/vehicles-of-historical-interest-substantial-change-guidance.pdf

Might be wrong but that's how I think it works.....

Malcolm