A Big Trip

Guest red7

Well for a start who fancies the Belgian kit car show next year????

If you are coming to Belgium - pop over the border to Holland and visit me.. in Roosendaal.

Who knows by next summer my Exmo might be rolling again..

Phil.

Ant I shall make some enquires over the weekend ,and let you know.

I wo'nt take the credit for this idea ,as it was "Chris Page" in Brighton who suggested it last Sunday!!!!!

Cheers Ian

Guest mickmellors

I always fancied doing something like this when I was in my 20's and before we had the kids. After experiencing the 2004 Club Trip to LeMans back in June, I kick myself for not doing it back then and every year from then to now.

Place are available for the 2005 LeMans trip -

Contact me at a special website - lemans2005@fsmail.net

all other enquiries to the contact details published in the inside cover of the Mag please.

I once worked with a chap who went 'thumbing' lifts around Essex for a 2 week cheap backpacking holiday and came home just over 3 YEARS later having worked his way ( mostly following fruit and crop pickers around almost all of Europe and stacks of other places too.

Did anyone see the TV series where a traveller went to a place at random and asked 6 random people where they would like to go the next day. He wrote down their answers in order, then threw a dice and went to the place chosen by the dice.

If I remember correctly he did this for several weeks and went all over the world (on a TV prog budget of course)

Belgium kit car show - very small and £250 return on DFDS ferry from Newcastle/Amsterjam. Too expensive to take a car, it's almost free if you go as a foot passenger. Remember to bring your Rizlas Rizla. Hoodies on wacky backy, too much man, toooooo much. B)

Guest mickmellors

Skew - If you are really that uncomfortable after just 80 miles you really should investigate the reason. I suspect it will be down to the seats. The seats that used to come with the kits prior to the recaros being available were literally 2 pieces of plywood with 40mm foam skinned with vinyl. If you put them in the car flat they would cripple you within 5 miles let alone 80 !!! However a simple modification to raise the front edge by 2 inches greatly improved the support to the upper leg. Doing the same mod to the passenger seat and the addition of something like a rolled up sleeping bag or a toolbox with a folded towel over it positioned under the knee join totally transformed the passenger comfort by stopping the knee joint from hyper-extending the wrong way every time the car hit a bump.

Try out some seating arrangements of Members cars at a show or your locall meeting and see if you can get a pointer as to how you can improve your lot.

Once you have sorted it get a booking slip off to me for LeMans 2005 !!!!!!!!

You will LOVE IT !!!!!!!

Guest jonny_bounce2nd

So why doesnt some one organise a rally across france or somthing! start at london and travel in a pack to marinello taking in monaco on the way then home via a track day.!

Guest mickmellors

Quote - So why doesnt some one organise a rally across France or something!

HMM ! is this a query from yet another person who expects someone else to spend many many hours organising an event so that they themselves can simply turn up at the appointed time and have a wonderful time and then disappear into the shadows until someone else organises something else to go to ? ;)

Are you volunteering ? :o :D :D :D :D

I would love the chance to go on something organised by someone else ! B) B) B)

Guest mickmellors

Ive just replied to another of Johnnys posts asking for info on buying a ready/part built hood and insurance etc etc

I dont know ! - not even got a car yet - not even in the Club yet - but wants someone to organise a trip across France and Italy and - - - - - - :wacko:

I'm sure you must be related to someone I used to work for !!!!!! ;)

I cant wait to make your aquaintance !!!!!!! :(

Guest Friar Tuck

Thankfully some of us did latin at school

Semper in excremento sum, solum profunditas mutat.

I am always in the S**T, it is only the depth that changes !!!

Must be something to do with the mills closing down !!!

The Friar