Cyclewing brackets S3A

Guest JimmyRH

Guest JimmyRH

`Hi, I have the long wings on my 7, but I would love to change to cyclewings, I have the wings already but now I need the brackets.. I think I have Sierra hubs/brakes, but i bought it build so not 100% sure.

Where can I buy the brackets?

I would have thought that all the manufacturers do them to suit Sierra upright, certainly Westfield do but probably a bit more expensive. Maybe you can find a used set on here or other medias.

The Haynes manual ( the kit car bible) page 100 shows how to make a set to suit if you can do welding or know a friend who can assist.

I had to make mine due to the use of Cosworth uprights which are substantially different but the basis are the same.

Happy Christmas and good luck

Jim

These are triangulated & fit to the pinch bolt and the bottom ball joint, so more rigid than most.

These are for Sierra hubs, but they also do them for Cortina hubs in case thats what you have.

https://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=11857

Gbs still sell them or at least they did a year or so ago. I broke one and bought a pair to replace mine but have never got around to it, I prefer driving to fixing. Mine are just bodged together to allow me to use the car. The old ones have been welded on so that was going to make it a bit of a mission to remove and refit. If these ones are more rigid then I may try them instead especially if there's no welding involved. Simple to fit bob?

Guest JimmyRH

Thanks! I will check out the rally design ones, I have made them myself, I can weld, grind, weld again... no problem, but I don't seem to get them to fit correct.. Therefor I wanted to see what the price is to buy a set, otherwise I will go to the welding table again. :)

In the Netherlands there is not much choice for buying this kind of parts.

To all, offcourse happy holidays.1

Guest JimmyRH

They are finished.. I had made my own brackets but could not get the cyclewings fitted the way I wanted. Last Saturday I changed a few things on the brackets, cut them in half welded a small piece in between to make them 1/2 inch longer and now they fit like a charm. had to drill some new holes, but closed the old ones up already.. so now they are ready for the wrap :)

have a wonderfull new year!