London - Brighton Run 2019

alanh65

I have been looking forward with great excitement to this year's Wales Road Trip, as I had to miss last year's.😥

Our children … who still have to work for a living, in order to pay my pension … have once again booked a French Country Home for all of us (15) to holiday together as a full family - for a week in August.

They have to choose the month/dates as, unlike us, they have to return to work after the summer break. When have they booked? You are correct … 😫 yep … that week of the road trip!

To ease my very great pain, one of my lads has arranged for he and I to participate in this year's London to Brighton Run in hoodie. No where near as great a weekend as meeting up with you lot in Wales BUT should be a bit of fun. Anyone else taking part this year? I can see that there are currently 10 Robin Hoods booked in - maybe far more by the time it starts in June. I'll drive down to London the day before the event and stop overnight with my lad who lives in Shepherds Bush.

• Thanks 1

I've wanted to do the London Brighton run but it's the small matter of £95 (maybe more now?) that put me off 🙄

Having said that, I still want to...love trying to follow a route that someone else has done the hard work on.

Afternoon Rich …. not got plans for an alternative/additional Wales Road Trip have you?

I'm gutted to have to miss your August one - yet again - but would love to be able to make another of your fabulously well organised trips, should there be one in the pipeline!

Alan

9 hours ago, richyb66 said:

Other options are available that weekend!!

Desperately wanted to but we're supposed to be going away that weekend. Admittedly, it's not booked yet so if it doesn't happen, I'll be trying to join you....😉

• Like 1

Well, I'm confused ...

When I had to complete all my details for entering this year's London to Brighton Run, I found information of about ten other Robin Hood vehicles.

I emailed Stephen Smith (organiser) to ask if I could make contact with other Robin Hood entrants in order to make some arrangements for meeting up for the run and I received the reply below. Apparently I was the first with a Robin Hood to enter! I can only assume, that somehow I opened a document/folder/page which showed entrants from a previous year!

There is a promise of a free photograph if there a few of us from the club … I am almost overwhelmed with the offer !!!! Seriously though, if there are others joining, it would be good to somehow organise us running the route together (for spare parts and mechanical knowledge if nothing else!).

Although we may have different start times, we could meet up at a suitable car park within 5 miles or so of the start and carry on from there.

I have some of the old club logo banners stuck to my vehicle … are there any of the new banner which I could replace them with to advertise the club whilst touring 'down south'? Or a small triangular pendant flag on my aerial?

Good Afternoon Alan

Unfortunately due to the dreaded GDPR introduced last year we are unable to share this kind of data.

However I can let you know that you are the first Robin Hood owner entered on the run so far!

We usually have a handful of entrants each year with Robin Hoods each year.

If you are happy to share details of the run on the RHOCAR forum and social media platforms I am happy to encourage a bigger presence in 2019 and would be able to offer a free 7x5 START photograph for club members and yourself. All they would need to do is let us know they are a member of the club when booking and we will sort the rest!

Lets see if we beat the Cobra replica gathering from 3 years ago – they had 24 on the run!

Look forward to meeting you both.

Regards

Stephen D Smith

Events Director

GE Classic Motor Events

1st Floor, 25 Alcester Road, Bromsgrove, Worcs. B60 1JT

T: 07484 151519