RHOCaR Treasure Hunt 2019

nelmo

Roll up, roll up for the new and exciting adventure that is the RhoCar treasure hunt!

What’s it all about?

You will get sent a list of 90+ landmarks dotted round the country (between 1 and 3 per. county). Starting in March and running until the end of October, you need to find as many of the landmarks as you can and take a picture of it and your kit (or tin top if you’re a non-kit owner) in view.

Landmarks are worth a differing amount of points depending on how difficult they are to find or get to. In November, you send all the pictures (preferably in a link to Dropbox/Google photos etc) to us, we tot up the scores and a winner is announced.

An example landmark:

County / Region               Landmark                                        Location               Points

44           Worcestershire                 Earl Beauchamp's Fountain          Cowleigh              20

Why?

To get you out in your kits. The landmarks are designed to be in scenic parts of the country (not motorway services etc) which are worth a drive anyway. Go on a long weekend, plan a route via. a few landmarks on the list and you’ll have a great time.

What’s it cost?

Free to members, £10 to non-members (entry is per car).

Where do I sign up?

Follow this link to purchase your entry through our club store - 

Rules?

1.       Please do not give the list to other people – the club relies on these sort of events to keep running and it’s not an excessive amount of money for non-members to pay.

2.       This is a non-competitve, fun event on public roads, so all normal laws of speeding, insurance, roadworthiness etc, etc apply – the club is not be responsible for any accidents/incidents/divorces caused by your involvement (legal waffle out the way).

3.       Use of sat-navs is fine.

4.       Event starts on March 1st and ends on October 31st. Lists will be emailed to entrants in late February.

5.       …er, I think that’s it!

Acknowledgement: I have shamelessly stolen this idea from Dave Hancock who runs the Round Britain Rally for bikers. I have done his event a couple of times on my bike and it’s really good fun, hence why I want to do it in my kit as well. I’d like to thank Dave for letting us use last year’s landmark list (which he has spent many, many hours compiling) and I urge you to visit his website and consider joining in the full event (if you’re a biker).

Any questions, please ask away – hopefully, we can have a great driving season getting lost looking for little bits of stone!

Edited by theduck
  • Like 4

Fantastic idea, might encourage more travel and get to meet other U.K. kit car club members that we do not see except at Stoneleigh once a year.

Could also be a great addition to our magazine, photo of cars and U.K. map with pins/flags where people have been. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 1:47 PM, Derek said:

Great idea, especially for us retirees, who are looking for things to do.

BUT do we get penalised for having too much time!!!

You have a PM Neil.

Thanks for organising

Retirees should be handicapped like horse racing! You must tow a 500kg weight, only use left foot braking and accelerating, wear pink shell suits, shoes should be at least size 13 Doctor martins and only travel between twilight hours......when your anus is aligned with Jupiter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Going forward, our esteemed leader and webmaster (great job Stu) has added this as an event under 'Store' above. If you've already contacted me, no need to do it again but for any new people interested, please register via the Store.

What a brilliant idea, I've just "purchased" my list.  We hardly used the kit last year & I'm hoping this will be the incentive we need to clock up a few miles this year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The lists have been sent out by email - if you have not received the mail (check your spam folders), please let me know.

Any questions, please re-read post 1, as the answer is probably there 😀

For anyone not already on the list, you can join at any time before the October end-date.

Have fun, hunters!

• 4 months later...

Now that we have had some nicer weather Derek and I have visited 3 locations fairly close to base or in the direction of where we were heading and managed to take some photographs amassing 60 points!    I was wondering how others are doing.

Thanks to Neil for putting together - it keeps a couple of retirees here out of mischief! 😁

Great to hear - sadly, I'm doing badly, only having got to one about 5 miles down the road. I had planned to spend an extra day in Wales after my track day in May, with a list of 10 or so to do but a breakdown stopped that. Must do better... 😊

Edited by nelmo
  • Like 1

• nelmo unpinned this topic