Robin Hood Series 3 - project - £900

Daled

Hi, 

I am looking to sell on my Robin Hood series 3 (stainless steel chassis) as it has become a project that I cannot complete.  I have done some work to her since buying it last year and still have a load of new parts that can be used. The engine has been removed as it was due a rebuild but it wasnt economical to do so. The car was running and was on the road back in 2016 and has a q plate but since then has not been on the road (SORN). I have the complete build folder full of receipts, manuals and specs of when it was on the road. Attached is a picture of it what it looked like when I bought it and I will post more pictures of what it looks like now, but it is not much different as the work I have done was under the bonnet. The car is complete and the only thing that is missing is an engine, and it could be ready for an MOT. 

I am asking for £900 for it, which includes the car and : 

• Complete rear axle and subframe ready to be fitted. 
  • New stays and front wings 
  • Box of spares such as oil filters, spark plugs etc
  • Spare steering wheel 

Dale

fullsizeoutput_1666.jpeg

The rear sub frame sticks out on the series 2.

The Exmo and all versions of the series 3 had the wider tub that covered the rear sub frame.

The picture appears to show a fully covered rear sub frame therefore it is a series 3.

So difficult. Lots of variants, transitional models and does it matter. Mine is a 'New111' (not a New3 or New 3, no such thing  but it seems to be a chassis from a 3 with mods to fit the wishbones from the New111 to a 3 chassis. Possibly a transitional model or Trickey just getting rid of a tarted up old chassis. Who knows. To help with identification of model a better picture of the front suspension would help.

Edited by Longboarder

HI guys, 

Attached is the additional photos I said I would post. the engine was pulled apart and found that the crank and conrods had an angle grinder taken to it, to the point the metal was very thin. the head is ok and the block is an older version and not a 205. there was 45 dcoe webers attached which I would like to keep as if I buy another car. The cam is also for an injected model. I happy to send the engine as its not with the car at the moment, and happy to negotiate.  

other specs are: 

1. Car was built on a doner of a ford Sierra and uses the rear suspension and axle
2. 3.92 rear differential 
3. Modified suspension 
4. 205/50 tyres on 7” inch rims 
5. 5 speed box 

Please PM me with any questions. 

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Edited by Daled
uploaded photots