pinto with twin 40s ! Standard fuel pump!

Guest David Sampson

I have had 3 twin Weber’s and Dellortos and they run best at 3.5 psi, I have never used the mechanical pump always fitted electric pump at or very near to fuel tank. With current set up twin 45’s I choose a pressure regulator. 

I ran my pinto  which gave 130bhp on twin 40 dellortos without any problems on the mechanical pump.

Electric pumps will also do the job fine. Depending on the pump output you may need a fuel pressure regulator.

Whatever you do don't use the attractive looking and very neat facet bullet filter. They reduce flow too much as they get dirty. Use a cheap ebay plastic filter that you can see through, of a decent size and change it every six months. Like these. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Universal-Petrol-Inline-Fuel-Filter-Large-Car-Part-Fit-6mm-8mm-Pipes/152552510806?hash=item2384d69556:g:FqIAAOSwYvFZHUG-:rk:6:pf:0

You also need to consider an impactl fuel cutoff system to stop an electric pump in the event of an accident.

Edited by Longboarder

I run twin 45s on my redtop. The pump is noisy although mounted on rubber bobbins but you can't hear it once the engine fires up. I also have a fuel pressure regulator set to about 3.5 psi mounted near the carbs. A fuel cut off switch from a Ford mondeo  completes the set up, mounted under the dash where it is easily accessible as a savage pothole can trigger it.