Rear Disc Caliper Mounting Plate

Guest Wilksy

A, Has anyone got a dimensioned drawing or sketch for a caliper mounting plate to mount on to a standard rear hub Sierra hub, to save me getting cold

B, I think brake balance front to rear for IVA is 60 / 40 is this correct?

I'm converting my 2B to rear discs - (not necessary I know - I just like discs) - using the same as on the front 253mm dia, is this the best way using a fixed balancing valve to give 60/40 or to reduce disc dia and caliper position from disc centre if so to what?

Wilksy

Gents,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Big Jim, I have a plasma cutter / machine shop and plate so can cut out, drill etc. Not sure what you have as a sample - a piece of card of the shape would be fine - hub bolting pattern / centre dimensions would be useful though main thing would be the angle to the caliper fixing centre from axle centre.

Dean, Thanks, I'm a masochist so looking to make them myself, if you have a 2D dimension drawing in PDF from your CAD file based on a Sierra 2.0L back end I'd be grateful

I'm looking to cut from 6mm plate and mount Astra 1.7 td rear calipers so will sort out any mounting / offset etc

Jim,

Its not a problem as I mainly need the profile for the hub mounting, I think the hub of the 2.0L sierra and the 4 x 4 are basically the same at the axle end, the 4 x 4 having the addition of the caliper mounting projection and ears- thus the need for the plate.

To mount the Corsa calipers the caliper holes will need to be set. As the Disc is basically the same dia (248mm against 253mm) the mount area is likely to be similar. There may also be the need to adjust the position of the caliper axially to mate with the disc.

Once I've got things sorted and working / IVA'd I'll make dimensions known to the club

Wilksy

Jim,

Plate arrived today. I'll take a template from it as well as dimensions and return it to you.

I will need to make a plate to suit the Corsa 1.7CDTI rear brake calipers I've got - the mounting hole centres / position and carrier are longer than the Ford ones by around 30mm.

I'll also need to check the offset - Caliper to plate and disc 

Thanks for your speedy help it has saved me a lot of work in the cold and on my knees

Wilksy