First run

jmspec

Finally after 12+ years, she is complete and registered.

Had its maiden voyage today. i find it hard to believe these cars are road legal.

Before its next trip I have to raise it a little as the sump guard caught a couple of times.

Wow, that was fun.

Thanks for the help over the years.

Jeremy

IMG_8225.jpg.5828ee437a6a4526b2c9d81d585f3dcf.jpg

• Like 2

I’ve used GAZ shocks all round.

Will lift it up this week about 15mm all round as I like the look sitting low. Took a bit of time to set up the suspension using scales. Managed to set it up to less than 1/2 kg side to side 

Will lift it up this week about 15mm all round as I like the look sitting low. Took a bit of time to set up the suspension using scales. Managed to set it up to less than 1/2 kg side to side

Well done on the steady commitment. Looks VG.

Couple of adjustment points to bear in mind on suspension. The 'floor pan' line should be slightly higher at the back than at the front. Your pic suggests it's currently slightly higher at the front.

Shocks should be at rest with two third of their piston shaft exposed as a starting point. i.e. if the shock has a piston shaft that allows three inches of movement, meaning shaft invisible when fully compressed, 3" visible when fully extended, then at rest you should see two inches of exposed shaft. This is to allow adequate shock extension and compression available so suspension movement is controlled, not on the bump stops. (Does require you to have the correct length shocks for the car.)

Corner weighting is a refinement for later but is more about getting the sum of the diagonals closer to equal than each side equal.

All done loaded ie one or two passenger weights in the seats half tank of gas and the car rolled on the level to settle the suspenders.

Although it is important that it looks nice it's more important that it works nice with these cars.

• Thanks 1

Guest MrToad

Hi, if you type in on line "Westfield ride height" they have superb details of vehicle set up, which is a good start and then you can fine adjust to your own preferences.

The diagonals should be very close as the corners were within 1/2 kg 

Not a logical conclusion I'm afraid. When you feel the inclination and have a bit of spare time get the scales out and weigh the corners. (On level ground and with 70KG in the driver seat)(It's surprising that there should only be 1/2 a kilo side to side with the driver onboard)