Curborough Sprint Circuit Day Thursday 30th May 2019

richyb66

I'll aim to get there by 0900 to start setting up unless Matt and Jas who are taking most of the gear are getting there earlier. Signing on shouldn't take more than a few minutes and we can't be noisy before 1000 but we could maybe do a slow lap or two for sighting purposes. 

The top loop is the oval and figure eight part at the top end without the sweeping left hand turn from the Western end of the circuit. I think they don't allow use of this part for private sessions as the speeds can get a bit to high to use safely without having marshals everywhere. We will try and use part of the bottom end of the circuit for slowing down after the end of the laps no one needs to be braking hard at the end of a run. 

https://www.curborough.co.uk/curborough-course-layout/

21 hours ago, Matt brown said:

Also just to let everyone know there will be some club clothing available.

Hats, T-Shirt, hoodie also i will bring along some stickers

I'll be taking a few mugs as well if anyone wants one.

They tend to be absolutely fine with you entering/leaving via the paddock gate, just avoid the start area and the run up to the curve - as you say, speeds, but also they like to keep the start straight in good surface condition for the competitors (ie. keep it free of oil spills/etc)...

So enter onto track via paddock gate and immediate right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richyb66 said:

I'll aim to get there by 0900 to start setting up unless Matt and Jas who are taking most of the gear are getting there earlier. Signing on shouldn't take more than a few minutes and we can't be noisy before 1000 but we could maybe do a slow lap or two for sighting purposes. 

The top loop is the oval and figure eight part at the top end without the sweeping left hand turn from the Western end of the circuit. I think they don't allow use of this part for private sessions as the speeds can get a bit to high to use safely without having marshals everywhere. We will try and use part of the bottom end of the circuit for slowing down after the end of the laps no one needs to be braking hard at the end of a run. 

https://www.curborough.co.uk/curborough-course-layout/

Fingers crossed 9am should be fine depends on finishing work early enough tomorrow to nip to the wholesalers to get food and consumables. If not I'll have to nip on the way

Guest autofocus
40 minutes ago, nelmo said:

Looks great and amazing weather ... what were the times like? I hope someone beat that Ferrari 🙂

Oh yes the Ferrari got beaten, by a whole 4 seconds I believe.

Regards

Tim

Cracking day, cheers all for organising it! I need to add suncream to the tool box!

10 hours ago, MarkBzero said:

Any near miss or accidents? Always worried about damaging my pride and joy. 

There were a couple spins and @Matt brown offering an off-road experience but everyone made it off the track ok! This event was 1 car at a time so the only danger is your right foot. Plenty of space to get it wrong and come out the other side ok as you find the limits of your grip/talent.....like I did ;) haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fantastic day, loads of track time, lots of fun, few slides and wobbles finding the limits. Would highly recommend for the next one. some great pics steve.

Thanks to Richiee for organising and thanks for Matt & Jasmin for supporting the even with BBQ, Tea & Coffee ETC

Edited by keith kelly
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone for coming along and to Matt and Jas for bringing the bbq, food and shelter which helped turn the day in to a more social event. 

As a change from thrashing around Curborough yesterday, today I've done a 150 mile dash up to Wales in the kit and currently warming back up in front of the fire with a cuppa. 

I did a few in car videos yesterday which are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3mozbnr8k8idoa/AADagrvoi_pRTmZXVEQpO6Qha?dl=0

They're probably better for the sound rather than the driving style. 

• Like 1