Information needed ?

Guest SSKV8

Guest SSKV8

Hi I’m Glenn and new to the group. I’m looking for any info possible on my kit car please, it’s a replica Mercedes SSK that as far as I know was originally built in 1963 but then rebuilt in 1984 using a rover v8 engine and box with ford cortina running gear, it was built by Classic Automotive Reproductions. 55a West Street, Bridlington, East Yorkshire. Tel: 0262 71620. I’ve searched address, name & number and can’t find anything about it. 

Is there anyway I can get any info on it please?

Regards Glenn. 

Guest SSKV8

Thank you it gives me a bit more info, all I know is it was originally built in 1963 but don’t know what original donor car was, then the bloke I bought it off said he got it from an auction in early 80s which came in bits in boxes so he rebuilt using parts I listed above, so this is probably why it’s an A reg 1984. Apparently classic automotive reproductions only ever made 6 of each kit and as far as I’m aware there is mine and possibly 1 other left somewhere. Would be nice to find out more about classic automotive reproductions.

What the duck is saying is the original cortina parts were from a 63 reg car, these were then built into a kit built in 84 which could/would have retained the the original donor reg or equivalent age related plate. E.g. my Robin Hood has an 83 plate which was the original Sierra but the car wasn’t built until 94. So you are lucky that you presumably don’t have to pay road tax or even legally need an mot. 

Any pictures? To post them on here you will need to reduce them to a small file.

Guest SSKV8

The cortina parts are from a mk 5 but I don’t know what it would’ve been originally in 63.

so seeing as its 1984 I still have to mot and pay car tax of £255 per year.

ill upload some pics later. 

Edited by SSKV8