Sump - Cork Gasket Method

danielbrookes

Evening, I have a Brisca F2 lowered sump and it requires a cork gasket (found out the hard way trying to get a seal on the stock gasket failed miserably).

Whats the best method to ensure the cork gasket lines up correctly with the engine?  

Should I also use sealant as well, say loctite 5980, or will cork be good enough?

Trying to get the standard rubber gasket to sit in the right place was a nightmare and I can see the cork gasket being the same.

Thanks!

I stick the gasket to the maticulously cleaned sump gasket face with grey hyloma let that dry overnight then a thin smear on the exposed surface and present the sump to the block using the bolts to hold it gently in place, let it dry overnight then nip up to required ft/lbs

one of the places the Pinto leaks from is the rear main bearing caps, I squirt Grey hyloma down the gap the sump triangle wedges go in before I push them in and smear the external joint face