Wishbone poly bushes

Jez Morton

I need to replace the wishbone bushes on the 2B, the question is should they be greased when fitted or left dry.?? They are the normal black bushes suppied by GBS? I have the bushes ready to go just waiting on new ball joint boots, typically one had split so I cant finish the job yet.

Thanks

I fitted mine dry but they've got virtually no compression in them and we're a sod to fit because they're a hard nylon material. I ended up spinning them up on a drill and shaving a bit off to make life a bit easier. 

Fitted grease nipples to Florin's wish bones when building --- greased once a year before MOT --- theory being if packed with grease 'til it squeezes out then water can't get in to form rust & turn a bearing surface into a cheese-grater.    Why are you replacing your bushes? 

An added bonus -- if the bushes ever need to come out -- once off the car hydraulic pressure will drive them out easily.

Bob, because they've worn and have play.

New boots arrived today type 3 from balljoint supplies, but they seem too loose to give a good seal. I know a few people have fitted them, how did you find them? 

I've ordered the next size down to try.

Thanks

Finally finished sorting the bushes and finally had a quick run out tonight. Turned out to be a full restoration job both lower wishbones off, stripped, repainted, new bushes (lots of grease) and new balljoint boots fitted. 

For info I got Boot 2 from balljoints.co.uk and they are a much better fit than Boot 3 which was recommended for the Peugeot balljoint. Also I would recommend re using the top metal seal retaining ring as there isnt room for the tiewrap supplied when its bolted up.