ECU IVA Setup

danielbrookes

Hey guys, exciting times - paperwork for IVA is in and I have a small list of things left to do.

I have a question regarding ECU setup.  I have fitted IACV and Lambda sensor, both of which will need setting up on my Emerald K6 and I am fairly confident I can get them setup based on a small bit of research I have done, but it got me thinking.

For the IVA I am planning on driving to the test centre but I only have the stock ECU map that came loaded, it works fine as in the engine runs without any obvious issues, but the test centre is some 80 miles away.

I am considering taking the car to a local tuner and asking them to set it up for me, any immediate pitfalls you can think of?  Sound like a good idea?

Thanks!

Dan

You can get to IVA pass levels without the need for a dyno; an MOT gas analyzer will tell you all you need to know. Obviously you need a local garage who's happy to either let you use it while you tune (if you know your way around the mapping aspect) or who is happy to make the adjustments for you, but... :)

But a rolling road trip isn't a bad idea of course; still worthwhile. Just make sure your rolling road tester knows what you're asking for. A lot of the time they are more focused on getting power numbers than emissions ;) !

thanks all.  GBS mailed me the power and emission maps yesterday, have loaded the power map and now car wont idle without giving it some throttle.  I need to do more reading, was hoping for "plug and play" before IVA and get an expert to tune afterwards on RR.