Help with Fog wiring

danielbrookes

Morning,

Following on from another thread, is there anyone who has time to take a look at the instructions for this switch I purchased for my IVA?

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/de/rear-fog-light-controller-for-new-iva-rules-for-momentary-switch

The instructions look simple but I am really pushed for time and am planning on fitting the box over the weekend, test on Monday 😳

I am sure it will be simple but I don’t want to be struggling last minute.  Does anyone know which wires should be taken from where? Also where should the box be located?

As I say it looks simple and I am sure I will be fine but if someone recently fitted one and has a few words of wisdom to save me some time that would be awesome.

thanks,

Dan

50 minutes ago, knights_templar said:

You can fit it but it is not neccesary for IVA

Just that the rear fog only works on dip beam and there is a warning light to show its on

Your not the only person to say that, however, I failed on it last week unfortunately :(

Has the GBS switch a spring return--- i.e it only closes & makes a contact when pressed or held down?

Your new box of electronic gubbins probably has a relay of some sort & if an ON--OFF switch is on your dash the triggering supply is permanent so the relay can't drop out until that switch is OFF.

Edited by fry61
Spelling

Basically as follows. 

Run a 12v feed (permanent) to your savage switch. 

And connect the yellow wire to the switch so when the switch is pressed the 12v runs through the switch and into the yellow wire. 

Connect the red wire into your dipped headlight cable. ( this is how the box knows to allow power to the fog if your headlight is on or not to allow power if it’s off ) 

Then connect the brown to the positive feed running to the fog light. 

And finally the black is simply an earth. 

Edited by magh
  • Thanks 1

Same result when I wire it off the chassis loom.

I have:

pin1 perminant 12v, to battery terminal

pin2 to yellow wire on box and pina on switch

pinb on switch to ground 

I have tester going to red wire on box to simulate light switch

Black on box to ground

Result is exactly the same as if the box wasn’t there! Fog light lights up again if I switch the lights off/on.

Thanks everyone for your help - nothing like a last minute panic before IVA day! Solution is to swap the horn and fog switches around.  Horn has already been tested and I am assuming a latch switch will be fine for horn anyway.

If not I will hopefully wing it as I am on a retest only.

• Like 1