Help with Fog wiring

danielbrookes

On 5/9/2019 at 10:24 PM, danielbrookes said:

Your not the only person to say that, however, I failed on it last week unfortunately :(

You need to know the manual, because th testers have their own interpritation

4. The rear fog lamp(s) must only illuminate when dipped beam, main beam or front fog lamps are lit (see alternatives in Notes 3 and 4).

That is the rule, the alternatives are in notes 3 and 4

note 4 says

Note 4: Either of the following scenarios will also be considered acceptable:  The rear fog lamp(s) may continue to operate until the position lamps are switched off, and the rear fog lamp(s) must then remain off until deliberately switched on again or,  An audible warning, additional to the mandatory telltale light, must be activated if the ignition is switched off or the ignition key is withdrawn and the driver's door is opened, whether the lamps in (RS4) are on or off, whilst the rear fog lamp switch is in the "on" position.

but it is only an alternative if you do not comply to main item 4.

Challange it, they are obliged to give a reason for fail, so why does it not meet item 4.

7 hours ago, knights_templar said:

You need to know the manual, because th testers have their own interpritation

4. The rear fog lamp(s) must only illuminate when dipped beam, main beam or front fog lamps are lit (see alternatives in Notes 3 and 4).

That is the rule, the alternatives are in notes 3 and 4

note 4 says

Note 4: Either of the following scenarios will also be considered acceptable:  The rear fog lamp(s) may continue to operate until the position lamps are switched off, and the rear fog lamp(s) must then remain off until deliberately switched on again or,  An audible warning, additional to the mandatory telltale light, must be activated if the ignition is switched off or the ignition key is withdrawn and the driver's door is opened, whether the lamps in (RS4) are on or off, whilst the rear fog lamp switch is in the "on" position.

but it is only an alternative if you do not comply to main item 4.

Challange it, they are obliged to give a reason for fail, so why does it not meet item 4.

Thanks, will do if the solution I now have doesn’t pass.

If it’s the savage switch you are running simply swop the switch fronts the emblems pull out to change them. 

And as you say if it’s just a retest that’s all they will check 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, magh said:

If it’s the savage switch you are running simply swop the switch fronts the emblems pull out to change them. 

And as you say if it’s just a retest that’s all they will check 

Yea done exactly that, works a treat. I’m all set for IVA Monday, if the weathers nice I my even give her a polish

• Like 1