Wipers on the wrong way

Billy welsh

the easiest way is to flip the wheel boxes over. If you look they will most likely be forward of the metal pipe so by taking them off and flipping them so they sit to the rear of the pipe it flips the direction rotated but you will need new arms designed for the other way. 

The other thing you might want to consider at the same time, is changing the sweep angle, there are alternative angles available assuming you have a Lucas wiper motor (mini/land rover)... depends how you find yours. I spent time getting the wipers right and it makes so much difference when you are caught out in the rain - last year's Wales trip jumps to mind, and for the first time I was quite comfortable driving along in the rain and the dark with wipers that actually cleared a useful portion of the screen!

https://www.s-v-c.co.uk/product/14w-wiper-drive-gear/

Guest MrToad

If your using the Lucas motor from a mini they are easy to reverse the action to park on the drivers side by accessing the motor gearbox. There are numerous threads available and just choose the one that makes the most sense to you.

Re the blades I couldn't get anything I liked so eventually used the wiper posts and blades from a boat application for the screen.

I agree with richyb66, mine and most I speak to have very poor windscreen cleaning, the Rainex idea seem great but I don't want to drive mine in the wet as I like life at the moment😎 the recent trip when it rained proved I needed wipers on the inside as well🤣

The Rainex never worked for me, I think because it's designed to allow water to slide off with the airflow but our screens are flat, so you don't get any airflow pushing the water off (well, I dont).

The easiest way to swap the wipers over is just to buy new arms that face the other way - that's what I did 😉. You will need 'right park' arms: https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/stainless-steel-adjustable-right-park-wiper-arm

Guest MrToad

I must admit have never been convinced about glass treatments and find most of them work in only certain conditions (anti mist in goggles was useless as the condensation still ran off and blinded you worse than misty surface did).

The good old remedies still hold good - using a cut potato to coat windscreen if wipers were not working always was a good one - but still difficult to see through rippling water😯

Sorry for the small pic --- but Florin's wipers are quiet good in the wet --- park on the left & are nearly vertical when at max sweep to driver's side.

We took a long time with fairy liquid & a dummy set up of full wiper kit to get them working properly.

The toothed wheel in the motor housing can be changed to give a 130* sweep, the arms can be bent more at the ends & the wheel boxes/ or the push-pull on the worm drive from the motor can be changed.

I used several different combinations before settling on our final result, you may need to buy in a few differing cogs/wheel-boxes before the right solution is found for your scuttle hole positions --- ours were cut in a newly made scuttle & are off-set to the driver's side.  ( E-bay is a good source for parts  or CBS )

The arms will also need more of a curve in the entire length to give enough pressure -- blade to glass.

Been in some right down pours, all O.K except as stated above the inside of the screen needs wiping --- that's for the navigator. 

DSCF8263.JPG