It’s a pass!

danielbrookes

Very happy, car passed second time round.  Had a right faff on getting speedo to register correctly, it was the gap between sensor and bolt.  luckily the examiner had allocated plenty of time for this part as we knew it would be difficult and he has the gear to safely test.

Result! Very happy 

BC1C9066-03F3-44B6-A228-79A17A2C7093.jpeg

Edited by danielbrookes
  • Like 4

Guest kgnoble

Well done - but it leads me to a question - for you or anyone else on this forum

I have a Burton 2cv going for IVA on 6th June.  Reading the latest IVA manual, it would seem I need a 2 speed wiper motor - the Burton kit only supplies a single speed with kit specifically designed to fit behind the bulkhead.

In your opinion how tolerant was your tester for specifics in the manual (such as this) if you did not meet the Required Standard?    Assuming that he does not find other problems when testing?

Many thanks

Keith

www.cageyenne.co.uk/wp

Guest kgnoble

OK - thank you.  

I need to source a two speed motor and fit it.....not looking forward to ripping out all the wiring behind the dash.

Still - that is very helpful.  Did you detect any leeway on any items - for example, height of headrests/exhaust standing proud of the rear / need for repeaters ie angles carefully checked?

Mind you, worse than anything else, the test is at 7:00am!

Thanks again

Keith

7 minutes ago, kgnoble said:

Still - that is very helpful.  Did you detect any leeway on any items - for example, height of headrests/exhaust standing proud of the rear / need for repeaters ie angles carefully checked?

I think it's fair to say the Kidderminster tester "went to town" on me, and was very thorough, but he was entirely fair and there was flexibility in terms of tinker time to adjust things - no-one was expecting the headlamps to be perfectly aligned for example, or the speedo calibration being spot-on. But any value, measurement, distance, angle, etc was measured and verified against the regulations. I don't suspect he'd be worried over a mm here or there. But when building the car, don't put stuff anywhere near the limit anyway - ie. indicator distances from edge, play it safe, come a good couple of cm further out than you need to, to avoid any "near misses" on IVA day :)

Well looking at that pic and being as strict as I can be (ie. worst case; please forgive me!) I would feed back :

• Rear view mirror not permanent; will definately fail
  • Can't make out radius on centre of steering wheel and bolt heads but could be an issue, certainly doesn't look very soft!
  • Ignition key will fail
  • I can't see any demister vents to the screen, unless the screen is heated electrically maybe?

Otherwise looks pretty good, assume all the windscreen edges and dash are radiused

edit: you should probably start your own thread, save us cluttering up daniel's ;)

Edited by brumster