IVA requirements

Guest kgnoble

Guest kgnoble

in reply to Brumster

🙂

Thank you  - very helpful indeed.  

answering your points:-

• Rear view mirror is temporary while I cover the fixed mirror with soft material
  • Centre boss of steering wheel is squidgy - bolts are semi - countersunk.  Will look at those again
  • Ignition fee and other knobs are within the exclusin zone on either side of the steering wheel - have I missed the meaning of the RS there?
  • Demister vents are on plate under windscreen and point upwards (and seem to work)

Good point .... have started new thread  here

Keith

Ah ok, apologies, it was hard to see the perspective in the picture of how far away the key was from the wheel edge. As long as you're within that 13cm you'll be fine then.

Good news on the vents - couldn't see them, that's all. And provided you're steering wheel edges are 2.5mm radiused you should be fine ;)

Guest kgnoble

Thanks Dan

I hope I can find your confidence when I need it!!

Now going to IVA July 18th as I have to dismantle quite a bit to get to the wiper motor and replace it with a two speed box.

Burton are in Holland and they are telling me that their IVA equivalent is nothing like as tough as ours - specifically headrests, repeaters, steering wheel, two speed wipers... the list goes on.  That is presumably why there are so few around in the UK - all having snuck in under the original Radically Altered Vehicle regs.

Will keep you all posted when I have the results

Best

Keith

Good luck! You'll be fine, looks well put together. Treat the first IVA visit as an "OK, it's going to fail, let's get a list of what needs doing" and then plan for the quick re-test shortly after. If it passes first time, double bonus ;)