Keiths Burton (2cv) build blog

Guest kgnoble

Guest kgnoble

Congratulations to anyone who reads the entire blog!  It was written mainly as an aide memoire for me and to provide details if required for registration.

The Burton is a Dutch body fitting onto 2cv chassis and running gear.

Keith

www.cageyenne.co.uk/wp

Great blog Keith - blog writing is a dying art sadly (and yes, I read almost all of yours - I expect you to read mine now 😉  ).

Never seen a Burton before - good looking car and love the characteristic 2CV front wheels almost parallel to the floor at lock 🙂

Good luck for IVA...

Guest kgnoble

Your experiences and mine seem remarkably similar!  I like your writing style and the finished product looks excellent.   Understanding wives are very useful as well - even got Jane on the end of a spanner once 🙂

I have deferred the IVA to July 18 as I have read the IVA manual again to see I need a two speed wiper motor.  Have sourced a new motor but it will need all of the behind dash wiring to come out with the instruments to get to the wiper mechanism.  It will give a chance to improve the wiring, but I was glad to see that yours looks like mine!

Will let you know the outcome - thank you for reading my blog.   And enjoy your car in this weather

Keith

Sadly, my wife was not understanding and still is not...🙄

You do know that you don't have to have the windscreen on for IVA? Makes it much simpler if you can leave it off (most of us do)...no sharp edge problems, demister checks, motor speeds etc.

Edited by nelmo

Guest kgnoble

Thank you - the time scale has been longer than I expected .....  and maybe longer if the IVA produces more delays  🙂

But I am looking forward to using it eventually - hoping for a late summer!

Keith

Guest kgnoble

Nelmo - Good point about the windscreen.  However, if it all has to come off it may look as though I was avoiding bits of the test leaving substantial holes in obvious positions.  I think I am going to bite the bullet - take everything out and put it back in again - (and tidy and label (! )the electrics....)

Keith