Enfield Pageant

blue

Just spent the day at Enfield - for a local show it blows Stoneleigh in the weeds  -it shows how a show should be stuff for kids - brilliant atmosphere and massive autojumble (some were at stoneleigh ) and crowds of people not tumble weed and empty stalls .

This was my last year going Stoneleigh - I can't justify the money to myself for such a crap show year after year 

Looks like a good show but it is just normal cars and there are loads of shows like that - Stoneleigh is kits specifically, with all the manufacturers in one place and kit-related stalls etc. You just don't get that anywhere else. Also, by going you are supporting the kit car industry - isn't that worth it? 

Not to sure what you mean by 'I can't justify the money' - go to Stoneleigh in your kit and it's free entry, so saves you £10 straight away 😉. And it's a great excuse to take your kit out for a drive (there's some great roads in that area) - not much fun driving 10 minutes down the road, is there?

Basically, win-win all round IMO.

Hi  what's the point supporting a show that the organisers are letting die ! 

5 years ago you could not move for people this year you could run down any road with your arms out and not hit a single person 

And most of the manufacturers were sitting about mostly looking bored ! 

Year after year the show gets worse - this year half of hall 2 was blocked off to make the show look more "busy"  half of hall one was full of a line of shelbys "to fill the hall" 

And let's be honest OK we were put in a rubbish position but how many people came around the stand !!!

Can't see how you can blame the organisers, the show hasn't changed for years. What do you want to see differently - dancing bears? It's not their fault if the industry isn't doing very well and there are simply less companies in business.

Basically, it's the only show solely for kit cars and that alone should make it worth the effort to support it.

Yes the numbers are down a lot, stands, stalls, but most of all kit car owners. This is the last dedicated Kit Car show in the country we need to support it.

Use it or loose it springs to mind. 

Everyone in the industry know grosvenor ONLY puts the kitcar show on BECAUSE  they run another show 2 fields along 

Talking with some of the Manufacturers at the show about next year and THEY won't be there as the prices of stands goes up year on year and numbers of the public fall 

We don't pay to get in unless we  have a passenger so we are not really supporting anything .. manufacturers are not really interested in us as we ALREADY have a kitcar they NEED new blood 

To get the public out you need a reason full stop ........ there are THOUSANDS of reasons for people not to go you HAVE to give them a reason to go and sky high prices at the door one bouncy castle and empty halls is not a reason 

According to the National Kit Car Show website, the event is run by Grosvenor Shows Limited. A quick search on them shows that they seem to be mainly concerned with organising quilting shows , if this is the case, it maybe explains why they've done nothing to move the Kit Car Show forwards.

If the difference with Enfield is that it's organised by people who actually have an interest in cars then maybe Stoneleigh needs new organisers. I'm attending KitFest in a few weeks and an looking forward to seeing how things are done there particularly as it's organised by people with an interest in kits and I'll be interested to see whether the £54 it's cost for the 2 of us to attend is good value.

Historically, people have always said they they attend Stoneleigh for the social side of things and to catch up with people and I definitely fall in to this camp. I'm not interested in buying another kit and I don't attend to buy parts. However, looking at previous years, it's obvious that a lot of the usual faces we see on and around the stand weren't there this year which is a shame.

Getting more of the general public and potential kit buyers through the gate is a challenge and I'm not sure how this can be improved by the organisers. I do think that more could be done by the kit manufacturers to promote their products rather that just having cars on a stand. Why aren't more of them offering passenger rides in demonstrators to try and attract new customers? Is all well and good Westfield giving a drift experience but it's not really a taste of kit ownership but more a cash generating exercise. There's nothing like a ride in a kit to spark peoples interest and the manufacturers surely have the most to lose if the show folds?

I'll continue to support Stoneleigh because I don't want to lose it and it's fairly local but I can see why people who need to travel a distance are considering whether to attend. It's probably easier to partake of the social side of things if you stay overnight but this doesn't make for an especially cheap weekend, especially when they're charging extra for camping and the facilities are pretty basic to say the least or you've got to find a local hotel.