Superspec Steering Column Bush

jimpoole

I've just installed the steering column in the DOHC 'Superspec' car I'm building and I'm finding that the steering column drops down and rests on the bottom of the hole cut in the drivers foot well panel. I'm guessing that the original design included some sort of bearing there to support it. Does anyone know where this was from and what it looked like?

The Ford Sierra one that fits the triangular shaft obviously won't fit with the mondeo column. I was thinking of getting one of the bearings mounted in a pressed steel carrier but wondered how it was best to achieve the angle required. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks magh.

My next problem is that the steering shaft appears to pass straight through where the alternator would sit. On my 2B, I was able to raise the alternator up and out of the way but it doesn't appear possible with the DOHC engine as the injection inlet manifold is in the way. Anyone any ideas?